Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 1 ~ Commando (closes 29-Apr)

Jeep Road Kill …

MGL 35 – Game 1 ~ Commando

IMpL8lJ.png

Nominated by gamer: Pessimeister

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: commando (world)

Game Story:

You are a highly trained solder whose mission is to annihilate the enemy and rescue important captives. To do this you must destroy the enemy base, which is said to be impregnable. Your weapons consist of a machine gun with unlimited shots and a limited supply of hand grenades that may be replenished by stealing from the enemy.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 29 April 2018, 7pm Sydney time, Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Battlefield of the Wolf …

2cAn6RG.png

c9AAJSt.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to play "Who Dares Wins" on the C64.

Thought it was a great game at the time.

Not sure it's going to help me playing Commando though.

Played lots of that too. Think I played commando on the c64 also and if memory serves I was bad at it

Played this a bit in my late teens but never got really good at it.

Useless trivia. I have a very vague memory of trying to play Commando on a tabletop machine at the pub late at night on my 18th birthday. It didn't go well and being my first time totally hammered I couldn't figure out why I was scoring less than 2,000 points for a game. Apparently someone took me home not long after that.

Bought some Beam and Coke cans on the way home from work. Might try to "re-create the moment" 28 years later :lol

commando.png.dc53f4ec447147bc3633cd66487fcf4e.png

Considering I don't like anything about war or guns in general I'm sure shootin' the f^%k outa these guys with some heavy twitch gusto :)

I enjoyed this BITD at the local bowling alley, it wasn't a good value game for me time for coin wise but I played it sometimes anyway and used to get to about the third round????

It was already on my mame cab favs lists but I had not put a high score up so it had dropped off the radar.

I just scored 62k but didn't have my phone with me for a pic so I will wait till I better that to post a score.

Although I am reducing my alcohol intake ATM I am having a couple tonight and have decided to rate each game on it's DRINKABILITY :rolleyes :lol

Commando DRINKABILITY rating

Breaks between rounds to have a drink = Poor - end of round only gives time for a really quick sip

Playability after a couple = OK - I got 62k after 6 cans of cider and had fun

Overall DRINKABILITY rating - 2.5 out of 5

So he's a kickarse run and gun commando, death machine to the max, but no-one taught him to swim? stumbled into the little lagoon at the beginning of the game, life lost :redface

commando-idiot.jpg

Great game from the arcade days, but it was far too greedy for my coin so only ever gave it the odd play. The SID chiptune on the C64 version is an alltime favourite for me. Also loved who dares wins.

3rd crack made end of L2 and wasted 2 men there, so should do much better - i hope.

20180413_213600.jpg

Was wondering why my scores looked different ---> I'm using Commando (US set 1)

It's the only version that does not go into diagnostics mode if you press the fire button during start up.

(Which is why it's the version on my cabinet)

Don't think there is any difference in game play.

45,600 - I'm struggling with this. My joystick (a stuck to the desk in front of my PC type) isn't great for 'waggling' - this is a definite 'waggle' game.

I shall persevere, at least until I get to the top of the scoreboard.

commando_45600.png.c7184543b768eb7ea2eced5fa14f31bb.png

45,600 - I'm struggling with this. My joystick (a stuck to the desk in front of my PC type) isn't great for 'waggling' - this is a definite 'waggle' game.

I shall persevere, at least until I get to the top of the scoreboard.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127539[/ATTACH]

You can do it i believe in you

Yep it takes some frantic joystick action, will be interesting to see how the keyboard commandos go with it :)