Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dr who balls jamming in multiball.

Anyone who came to my meet last month would've noticed DR WHO was playing up and was later switch off.

The issue was the balls were jamming up somewhere every now n then when in multiball.

They seemed to be jamming up just before the VUK area.

I checked and cleaned the opto's first but the issue was still there.

There is a steel chute underneath the playfield that is the junction where the subway from the mini playfield meets the gobble hole from the pops and exits to the cup of the VUK plunge.

This was the place to start.

See pic...

IMG_2634.thumb.jpg.ff4535cc9d4cb2d6cb685f39c3d29c7e.jpg

Looking closer at the end of the chute you can see a lip that's not much but enough to snag a ball on.

See pic...

IMG_2635.thumb.jpg.07bc1e757f1b17d889f03740ca14d9c9.jpg

After filing down the lip and tightening up the VUK (stopping any slop in the movement which has caused this) and re assembling, the issue is now gone:)

Thanks for posting this info... We need more posts like this as they educate everyone. I've seen a Dr who with the same symptoms and only had a minute to look... Next time I will know what to look for!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Anyone who came to my meet last month would've noticed DR WHO was playing up and was later switch off.

The issue was the balls were jamming up somewhere every now n then when in multiball.

They seemed to be jamming up just before the VUK area.

I checked and cleaned the opto's first but the issue was still there.

There is a steel chute underneath the playfield that is the junction where the subway from the mini playfield meets the gobble hole from the pops and exits to the cup of the VUK plunge.

This was the place to start.

See pic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127293[/ATTACH]

Looking closer at the end of the chute you can see a lip that's not much but enough to snag a ball on.

See pic...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127294[/ATTACH]

After filing down the lip and tightening up the VUK (stopping any slop in the movement which has caused this) and re assembling, the issue is now gone:)

I hope you polished out all that horrible rust and gunk