Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL10 Game 6 TRON Legacy(Finished)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was not a table I expected to do well in, let alone win, but I did start to enjoy it.

I was waiting for some last minute scores to knock me off the top.

your score was massive. Took me ages to get 90M, how long did yours take ?

i never did get around to reading those rules I posted :lol

Old habits die hard.

It wasn't a short game :)

I agree on the ball spin and ramp issue, on the version I had (the one you got Dedrok), I ended up installing all the version of this table I could find, I had;

PUP-Pack Edition

Hannibal's Version

Draifet's Edit of Hannibal's Version

HauntFreaks' Edit of Hannibal's Version

The Version I already had (I thought it was HauntFreaks' Edit)

They all played a little differently, and all had pros and cons to it, but I found the "new" HauntFreaks edit was the best of the bunch, it is now my default.

I was going to direct you to the spreadsheet, but it appears despite it having 5 version, Haunfreaks is not one of them.

So here ya go, taken from his Visual Pinball Junkies FB Post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T-xlm_czqkKBQjgd2_k35eG6IA2vRSlx/view

The "Draifet MOD" in the spreadsheet plays pretty much the same, but it still has a little too much OTT lighting.

linkage ? :)

I was going to direct you to the spreadsheet, but it appears despite it having 5 version, Haunfreaks is not one of them.

So here ya go, taken from his Visual Pinball Junkies FB Post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T-xlm_czqkKBQjgd2_k35eG6IA2vRSlx/view

The "Draifet MOD" in the spreadsheet plays pretty much the same, but it still has a little too much OTT lighting.

Yeah, i did search the spreadsheet first. I'm not a member of that vp group so cheers for the link. I really like this game, the range of shots is good and quite challenging, especially the Quorra shot, i still struggle with that.

Tried that Hauntfreaks mod Of Hannibals mod.... too OTT pscyhadelic glowwormy lighting for me, I'll stick with ICPJuggla's :)
Haha, its much more tamed down compared to Hannibal's :) I just don't like the physics on ICPJuggla's, they just feel off. Shame there isn't a REALY nice version, the table really did grow on me.

I had the quora shot dialled in, but that gem shot was BS :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Haha, its much more tamed down compared to Hannibal's :) I just don't like the physics on ICPJuggla's, they just feel off. Shame there isn't a REALY nice version, the table really did grow on me.

I had the quora shot dialled in, but that gem shot was BS :)

Could import the physics from Hauntfreaks's into ICPJugglas's for a mod of a mod of a mod :D

Could import the physics from Hauntfreaks's into ICPJugglas's for a mod of a mod of a mod :D
The physics don't transfer that easy, as it depends on materials used on various components, I didn't really mind the dialled down lighting of HauntFreaks.

The physics don't transfer that easy, as it depends on materials used on various components, I didn't really mind the dialled down lighting of HauntFreaks.

you'd be surprised, i've modded a number of Hannibal's tables with imported physics without touching other settings (apart from tweaking flippers maybe) for good results. Apart from how he butchered Tron into a Ken Done placemat, i've always liked his lighting but not his physics on other games like TWD and Star Trek LE.

I have tweaked a table to 2, TWD being one, but never had any luck exporting from one table to another. His early lighting wasn't too bad, but he has gone past good now, too much foggy glow, IJ Stern is another example of this. His physics have on the other hand have improved dramatically.

What author has most realistic physics do you think? Without checking I've liked Bord's and JP's.

Far as lighting goes lately it looks like g5k is taking over that crown. His rework of AFM lighting looks phenomenal, from that strobe multiball WIP video he posted, even if it was a render from outside VP, looked so real.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I would say most realistic physics off the top of my head would be wrd1972 and his LFHM (Low Friction High Mass) stuff is the business, some other authors use this now too. I am not sure if its just the tables he has chosen or if it is that realistic, but I find his table super hard.

g5k's T2 is the bomb, I am quietly optimistic about his AFM, the videos are awesome, but will VPX be able to mimic the same lighting, time will tell. I think most things by Tom Tower and ninuzzu are up there, this physics could be more realistic, sure, but their quality of work is very consistent. Really, any new tables released on the MonsterBash site seem to be a cut above.

If physics suck its out for sure, but I wouldn't say the above mentioned TT and ninuzzu physics suck, just that they are not as realistic as some of the other authors. As long as it plays well, feels right and does have spastic ball spin I am usually pretty happy, I don't need it to be identical as the real thing, hell I don't mind it being easier either :)

If physics suck its out for sure, but I wouldn't say the above mentioned TT and ninuzzu physics suck, just that they are not as realistic as some of the other authors. As long as it plays well, feels right and does have spastic ball spin I am usually pretty happy, I don't need it to be identical as the real thing, hell I don't mind it being easier either :)

Lover of spastic ball spin hey? :cool: