Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VPGL10 Game 6 TRON Legacy(Finished)

State
    Doony NSW
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    514 Post(s)

VPGL10 Game 6 TRON Legacy(Finished)

Greetings, programs!, next up in Sterns tron Legacy
    battle on the Grid against Clu and Rinsler
    Your move, Flynn.

Was
    This table will run for two weeks days and will close midnight Sunday April 22

It is an honesty system, please only post high scores that you have got since March 2018, please ignore your previous high scores, we are only playing for fun.

This comp is for VPX or VP9 Originals only

Assuming you are using VPX please post your score with a note if you are using VP9

Scores will be updated in this post.

Wob 398,027,230
    Dedrok 131,717,000
    Capp 117,087,850
    MrBungle 94,680,070
    Jed 90,934,590
    Skids 33,218,030
    Bishop 20,334,350

Last edited by skids; 25th April 2018 at 04:20 PM.
    The Duke of Doonside

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)

VPGL10 Game 6 TRON Legacy(closes 22nd Aprill)

Game on skids pin using keyboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)
    There are a lot of versions of Tron out there, this is one of the best I've found:

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tro...-lightmod-1-2/

You don't need all the pinup player stuff to play it, I removed pinup player (found it too distracting) from my pc altogether and it still works fine. This version also incorporates Dozer's lighting mods he did to Terryred's release which are awesome.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)
    I donít know the version

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1977 Post(s)

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Way too many versions of this table, @Dedrok from memory it's a modified version of Hanibals that has had to OT lighting fixed. I gave up on tested all the versions for the best as I don't particularly like the table. And I haven't explored the PUP route so didn't bother with those.

My naming convention doesn't help keep track of table versions, but I stuck with it for easy updating, I don't want to edit xml files every time there is an update. I really do wish authors would put their name and version number in the script files.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)
    Best.Theme.Ever.

The one I linked isn't Hannibal's, I don't think much of Hannibal's version of this.

The PUP 1.5 version is the latest version of this game and I think the best. It contains many improvements to physics and lighting that are seperate from the PUP stuff which you can remove.

It's a shame that the latest Stranger Things version is PUP-only, cause it looks really good, but I don't want to install PUP again. I don't understand why people have gone nuts for this full screen video on the backglass stuff, it's just a gimmick and does nothing for gameplay except make you lose the ball quicker

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    I know this is one of your fav's, and with so many versions it is a fav of many, but I haven't had a good game of it yet. I like the movie (although I prefer the original), that said I have yet to look at the rules for the table, as it just didn't grab me.

I'm actually looking at PUP now for Stranger Things, the whole PUP thing to me is a bit of fluff, but that said I even find the new Sterns rely too much on Video content.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

No idea what i am doing lol

20180409_144924.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wob View Post
    I like the movie (although I prefer the original), that said I have yet to look at the rules for the table, as it just didn't grab me.

I'm actually looking at PUP now for Stranger Things, the whole PUP thing to me is a bit of fluff, but that said I even find the new Sterns rely too much on Video content.
    The original Tron was such a landmark film I agree! But in terms of a quality film, for me Tron Legacy easily surpasses the original. Even giving allowances for a 28 year gap between the films, have you given the original a re-watch lately.... it's not easy to watch with the repurposed skate/hockey helmets and dayglo pinstriped jumpsuits. Maybe it was enjoyable for the mystique of computers in 1982.

I'm not a fan of the video backglass in the recent Sterns either or the JJP machines that used it before them. I suppose manufacturers feel the need to innovate and move with the times, instead of concentrating on making a great, fun to play game with a decent ruleset ?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information