Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The rains are here!

It's not even noon on the first day of the big wet Victoria is in for, & already all my water tanks are full & over flowing. I have 6 tanks totaling 70,000 liters full to the brim & the main down pour hasn't even started yet. I'm prepared best I can be with gutters cleaned, extra diesel for our generator which got a 5 hour work out last night as the grid went down. The tinnie is fueled up just in case!

I'm so glad that last year I had the house spouting storm proofed with larger 100mm pvc piping & more down pipes to take the water weight & flow away. Anyway it's now a waiting game & I'm hoping the new gameroom/shed is safe as it hasn't been tested under these conditions before. :unsure

Photos are from the 2010 rain event (local).

Stay safe, we are meant to get it tonight (Parkes) but hopefully we will miss it.

We have a new big house but shit plumbers which skimped on the downpipes so over flows all the time and floods the garage.

The ancients had complex waterways yet in 2017 plumbers are hopeless...it's sad

Sweet. Not many in the bush bitch when the rains come.

Full tanks are a nice feeling. ( I accidentally left the tap on mine open last visit to my farm and let 7000 liters water the track GRRRRR).

What I like to do is walk out in the rain and just watch exactly what paths the water runs. Last time I did that I actually saw water courses I wasn't aware of and with that knowledge was able to alter roads so I wasn't always needing to repair them, make a couple of gutters to collect the wasted water and direct it into my dams.

It's also a good time to catch the yabbies as they travel like tortoises when it rains good. Easy to just pick them up off the field.:)

Your rain event is supposed to hit our farm tomorrow as it makes it's way up into NSW but without the massive drops you guys are expecting.

Anyway, stay safe and keep the buckets ready just in case.

Stay safe, we are meant to get it tonight (Parkes) but hopefully we will miss it.

We have a new big house but shit plumbers which skimped on the downpipes so over flows all the time and floods the garage.

We lost our spouting due to a flash storm a while back & the insurance company was advise to Storm proof my house or the problem would keep happening by the Plumber. Amazingly the insurance company agreed & paid for the repairs and accepted the modifications.

Every time we get a heavy downpour more of our driveway ends up on the road. It's about 230m long and on a reasonable slope with plenty of channels worn into it.

Makes it a bugger to take the bins out.[emoji16]

One of the first things we did here was put three 10,000 gallon tanks on the three new sheds. We've had to fill up the tanks on the house from them twice.

I hope all goes well for you. Stay safe.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bins Pfffffff, A bit soft I think for a couple of bushies.

No bins for our farm. 12kms down the road to the free tip only open a day and a half a week is the closest we have to bins.

140 meter walk to our front fence through a pine forest which is pretty cool actually especially when the roos are in there.

Not so much when the wild pigs are in there getting into the pine cones and truffles but that adds to the fun except when they chase.:o

Geez Andew you eat well. I see your gameroom is coming along. :)

Yes, the refined layout in the games room worked well (everything used to be down the right wall). There's a MAME cab in the corner that got a bit of a workout last night too.

Weather still looks poor down here, but no real rain down here yet. Still enough to make harvest awkward though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

That backglass on Pioneer has seen better days. Should check with Pete as he has a few NOS & repos backglasses he might have one, @Pop Bumper Pete worth asking anyway.

Yes, Pioneer was in a loungeroom with west facing windows at a friend place for years and years. It stopped working so he moved out to a garage where it sat until I bought it.

It works 99.9% of the time now but I still have a list of things to fix on it. A few inserts need regluing. I have new pop bumper bodies and caps to go in as the current ones are cracked. New flipper coils too to replace the toasty ones.

There's a few spots were the mylar around an insert affects the ball travel, but other than tapping the mylar off and clear coating it I'm not sure what I can do with that.

I think I've already acquired everything I need to fix it, just haven't spent the time to put it all in yet.

The only thing I don't have is a replacement for the cracked centre plastic or a new decal for the apron. Pinballrescue had both from memory.

You can see how faded the apron is in this picture I took even I first brought it home:

578610e88a5e2f780333515f7da8132d.jpg

If anyone is interested, I've got pics from the whole thing and could put together a thread.

Does sound like there's more rain further east. The Hume was closed near Euroa and Myrtleford has an evacuation warning.

PREPARE TO EVACUATE - FLOOD

Incident Location: low lying areas of Myrtleford along the Ovens River

Incident Name: HUMEWANGDEC2017

Issue Date: Saturday 02 December 2017, 09:55 am

Next Update: Saturday 02 December 2017, 02:00 pm

If you live, work or are holidaying in the low lying areas of the Myrtleford area Emergency Services advise you should prepare to evacuate now.

Leaving early is always the safest option and Emergency Services are concerned that with the rainfall still to come, that floodwaters may rise rapidly.

If you wait until later this morning, it may be too late to leave safely.

- Floodwaters are continuing to rise and a Major flood warning has been issued for this area.

- The peak (highest) flooding is expected to impact the low lying parts of Myrtleford about lunchtime today.

If you are already prepared to leave you may do so now.

More details at http://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/#!/warning/2432/moreinfo