Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

So what have you been 3D printing?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

(Hopefully pic uploaded)

printsmall.thumb.jpg.fc362ee94ae08820cbbe9f9a77c933ba.jpg

smaller route66 sign stopped as the spool of black was cross wound and pulled up into the cross bar. (need to look at at something that will switch it off if this happens.

Large Route 66 sign (to me) looks perfect. Could print a little bigger on the printer, but would be nice to have an even larger print area to do bigger signs.

Marvel sign lifted on one corner.

They were printed doing a manual filament change when they got to the raised areas.

Regs,

Red

Hi,

(Hopefully pic uploaded)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135983[/ATTACH]

smaller route66 sign stopped as the spool of black was cross wound and pulled up into the cross bar. (need to look at at something that will switch it off if this happens.

Large Route 66 sign (to me) looks perfect. Could print a little bigger on the printer, but would be nice to have an even larger print area to do bigger signs.

They were printed doing a manual filament change when they got to the raised areas.

Regs,

Red

Nice

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi,

(Hopefully pic uploaded)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135983[/ATTACH]

Regs,

Red

Did you add anything specific to make it pause at that point or just eye ball when you should start the change?

I'd seen methods that will do a pause until you press a button on the controller but I hadn't tried it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the past I've used the prusa program to put the pause (filament change) in,

however it was wonky and put it in multiple times.

I've also done it by adding M600 at the right point in the gcode and that triggers the filament change on the printer (it stops and beeps till I change the filament).

I usually just check it now and then and when it has started printing the raised part, I push the button in the prusa and select tune, change filament. Nice and easy.

Regs,

Red

• 2 weeks later...

Prusa multi filament upgrade arrived (last Friday before we went on a little family holiday).

I'll be (am) struggling to find time to get to assembly it and upgrading the mk3.

(prior I) Managed to print the Gottlieb logo, happy with the results being my first go. Downloaded the logo (svg) and changed to 3d and added a solid base so I could print in two colours (black/white) by different heights.

Red

Have you printed anything at 0.05mm layer heights?

A guy on pinside is making Rex heads and printed at 0.05 and I'm wondering if it is worth it. (Pics here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress/page/32#post-4617917 ).

I'm going to experiment with some more pinball sculpts and the 0.1 height prints required a fair bit of manual sanding and filler primer to hide the layers.

I did see that the prusa slic3r does have the variable height in a single print option so you can tune different areas to have different heights.

Have you printed anything at 0.05mm layer heights?

A guy on pinside is making Rex heads and printed at 0.05 and I'm wondering if it is worth it. (Pics here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress/page/32#post-4617917 ).

I'm going to experiment with some more pinball sculpts and the 0.1 height prints required a fair bit of manual sanding and filler primer to hide the layers.

I did see that the prusa slic3r does have the variable height in a single print option so you can tune different areas to have different heights.

I normally print at 0.1mm

Did a test print of 0.05 (left) vs 0.2 (right).

2e9981b5c43dcfcc6580d5b13e486642.jpg

My print bed textured surface was also delaminating and was curly up during prints causing warping. Slowly removed it while hot and just put the glass back on using the existing adhesive.

Has anyone made articulations on models? I’m wondering how they hold up with continued use.

Got my Brother in Law's Tevo Tarantula working for him today after he's had it sitting around for over a year. It needs a bit of tweaking but he's happy to see it printing at last.

I totally dismantled it and rebuilt it, rewired it and swapped a couple of wires around on two stepper motors to get it homing in the right direction. The instructions for these printers are quite lacking in detail.

Cheers Trev fccd98813f811fbb6dc33c20d72fa47b.jpg

I was printing everything in .05, but was getting a lot of initial failures. (failed prints). It would print high areas and get caught and dislodge. It also took a lot longer.

The nozzle previously hit the bed on some prints and may have been damaged.

I've purchased some new tips and will try .05 again.

Currently printing at .1 with good results. I'm printing a new box for the daughters ear rings. ' wonky chest of drawers' from thingiverse.

I'll upload the photo once the drawers are done.

Tried printing PETG, printed a back up of the multi. material (5 filament) upgrade parts for the MK3. It prints slightly cooler than abs and hotter than pla and sticks to the bed and is hard to get off. It was also hard on the coated spring steel plate on the m3 as it was so hot the cover sheet started peeling in places.

Hoping to start the extruder fan upgrade and the MMU upgrade this weekend,

Red

Edited by Redback
print cooler than abs

• 2 weeks later...

here is my latest 3d design though admittedly not home printed as sent to Shapeways to print this as a bit complex.

Snack Bar signage installed in Creech

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137568[/ATTACH]

With lights turned on

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137569[/ATTACH]

IMG_0524.thumb.jpg.edb0de457c3c847860c54f2cef0bbd9b.jpg

IMG_0525.thumb.jpg.9ff6739bed09427928d6e5b34bbb03ff.jpg

here is my latest 3d design though admittedly not home printed as sent to Shapeways to print this as a bit complex.

Snack Bar signage installed in Creech

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137568[/ATTACH]

With lights turned on

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137569[/ATTACH]

That looks great..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Some test pins and switch mounts for the podracer brake assemblies. I found NOS levers, springs and switches but I was missing the rest.

The pins were done to get the sizes correct before I make them in steel.

Cheers Trev 56bed2874f2e23cde27ff67ce8903312.jpg44fe39060f9da72339e7069894ca8871.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a fun one. It's for my Son's room. It took nearly a week to print all the bits but it looks great. 07374def9510a0fbfd4051a5604680bc.jpg

I have my printer set to fine (0.1mm layer height) that's why it takes so long. The two legs, printed together, took just under 16hrs.

Never let anyone tell you that the Small Aldi printers are no good.

Cheers Trev

Here's a fun one. It's for my Son's room. It took nearly a week to print all the bits but it looks great. 07374def9510a0fbfd4051a5604680bc.jpg

I have my printer set to fine (0.1mm layer height) that's why it takes so long. The two legs, printed together, took just under 16hrs.

Cheers Trev

That looks fantastic Trevor

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Cheers Trev

Wow that is so impressive. Nice dramatic color too! How tall is it ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app