Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

So what have you been 3D printing?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Batman is here to make a sick boy (he's got a cold) feel a bit better today.

Batman still needs to have his belt and batarang printed and a cape made.51ca770250e332ee7b414a58bffd624e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wow you printed that fast, I still havent finished my lego man, lol

this thing is taking for ever

I cant seem to connect to thingyverse either, keep getting page errors so I still have the head and arm pins to print Bugger

I start it printing around 7am and let it print through the night.

is the batman the same files and scale as the legoman you printed Just with a batmask?

Im just finishing the head On my legoman, trying to figure If I just do the classic Legoman or print some extras. Its for my baby daughter so maybe I should stick with the classic yellow red and blue legoman.

I just printed it in the orange filament, so i will have to paint it, Ill likely paint it in twopack and make some Water slide decals for the face.

But part of me wants to print a few of the additional stuff, maybe a hard hat or something, i cant remember exactly what other bits I had for my lego men in the late 80's early 90's kits, Lego didnt really have all the characters Lego has now. Pretty sure air tanks, and helmets and a spanner was about the extent of what a lego man had in those days.

Is there a classic hard hat that they used to have that your a aware of? Im trying to remember

It's basically the same. The mask (cowl), chest emblem and utility belt are add ons but the rest is the same and you'll need to make a cloth cape. I don't have any more yellow filament so I'll have to finish it later.

It's basically the same. The mask (cowl), chest emblem and utility belt are add ons but the rest is the same and you'll need to make a cloth cape. I don't have any more yellow filament so I'll have to finish it later.

Cheers, Ive decided to stick with the standard Legoman, I found a hard hat file, Im hoping the scale provided is the same as what the Legoman file was to work with that 150% resize, other wise Ill waste 6 hours of printing lol.

Cant say I really enjoy doing these big prints with lots of parts, way to much time spend on this one ahaha

Cheers, Ive decided to stick with the standard Legoman, I found a hard hat file, Im hoping the scale provided is the same as what the Legoman file was to work with that 150% resize, other wise Ill waste 6 hours of printing lol.

Cant say I really enjoy doing these big prints with lots of parts, way to much time spend on this one ahaha

But they look so cool when they're done.

IMG20181205000010.thumb.jpg.2085f3480d2117a9aed0cbaa1ed1807d.jpg

Any idea on what's causing this white discolouration? Other than that I'm happy with this print. Changed one of the comb settings which eliminates the nasty reprint lines.

I increased temp to 210, would that be causing it? I increased the temp as this alleviated adhesion issues. I don't like using a glue stick as although it works it tarnishes the finish.

The rest of the print is fine, just the bit that hits the mat that discolours.

Print it the other way up. This happens to the side on the print bed. Use supports. If I want a better finish I usually have that side facing up. I always print at 210deg. Unless you print on a glass bed you'll get a rough surface.

Legoman 3d print turned out good, Was going to smooth it out with a good sanding and High build then two pack it.and make it look perfect.

But I got Lazy, So just sprayed it with some epoxy enamel I had laying around. lol. the blue isnt the correct blue for a legoman but it will do.

The print quality @ .1 was good enough. the aldi 3d printers are prety good. Like Trevs, it took about a week todo all the parts, like one a day roughly could have been quicker if i printed one part straight after the other I guess

just need to make a decal for the face.

legomanpainted.thumb.jpg.fc78ad3705b10446bae7a5d9e6c8d497.jpg

I increased temp to 210, would that be causing it? I increased the temp as this alleviated adhesion issues. I don't like using a glue stick as although it works it tarnishes the finish.

The rest of the print is fine, just the bit that hits the mat that discolours.

Yer I use 210deg also, the glue stick isnt a problem as the bottom surface is shit Anyway. as Trev said put the good surface at the top, So flip the item in Cura

If your box is open at the rear just put the open part at the Bed as it will have the least contact with the bed and have inside supports, so will look the less ugly on the print

Yeah still need to play around with settings.

Printed it upsidedown which gave me a nice finish on the visible top side, however all the added supports weren't easy to remove and stuffed some things up when I finally got them all out.

Increase the support print speed and lower the print quality on the supports, should make it easier to remove next time. However that can make it easier for supports to be knocked over when print head moves around, but again its trial and error.

If you do an alcohol spray after putting down some glue stick and then rub in the glue stick it leaves little to no residue on the bottom of the part. The glue should be almost impossible to see.

I’ll see if I can find a part that has some on it.

Zoomed right in.

283c1053693a0bc25e911101899a00be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Decided to try my hand at making my own Ironman topper. Intention was a fairly “simple” led lit helmet.

I figured I’d do the hardest one first (face plate) as if I couldn’t do that then it wasn’t worth wasting time in the rest.

First print failed due to bad supports around 2 hours in. Flipped the model quite a few times to find the minimum amount of support. Decided to use a raft as it was vertically orientated and could easily topple so I want it held down well.

5e6e46909b4a3b6482169c069482c7aa.jpg

This has been the biggest print I’ve ever done it was almost too big for my print volume. I thought I’d made a mistake on my height in cura as I only had 15mm left at the top of the z screw!

22 hours later ...

ae2acdd3934030c3c5fa29dfabeced95.jpg

(Note: that smoke alarm is normally velcroed to the top of the machine. I took it off when I was in the room and the Bowden tube was getting close to hitting it).

I ran into an issue about 14 hours in where one of my heated bed rollers seemed loose. This caused slightly misaligned layers from the base to the bottom of the eyes. Once tightened layer quality was significantly better.

ebfad26fcfedcf610ebf630d46399d5f.jpg

9dd5761a6b3b5880433125411019f25c.jpg

7fe4b25328bd26b155362e8692d1688e.jpg

614299470ef5b7bb8bbeb31223b5e58c.jpg

With the support still on it makes it look like he’s got a flat top :)

f3f70a8d781d5098ebc4be2faddb24ab.jpg

17b75b551c1d96dfeb843dc0de1f3b33.jpg

Edited by Koops

Decided to try my hand at making my own Ironman topper. Intention was a fairly “simple” led lit helmet.

I figured I’d do the hardest one first (face plate) as if I couldn’t do that then it wasn’t worth wasting time in the rest.

First print failed due to bad supports around 2 hours in. Flipped the model quite a few times to find the minimum amount of support. Decided to use a raft as it was vertically orientated and could easily topple so I want it held down well.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/5e6e46909b4a3b6482169c069482c7aa.jpg

This has been the biggest print I’ve ever done it was almost too big for my print volume. I thought I’d made a mistake on my height in cura as I only had 15mm left at the top of the z screw!

22 hours later ...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/ae2acdd3934030c3c5fa29dfabeced95.jpg

(Note: that smoke alarm is normally velcroed to the top of the machine. I took it off when I was in the room and the Bowden tube was getting close to hitting it).

I ran into an issue about 14 hours in where one of my heated bed rollers seemed loose. This caused slightly misaligned layers from the base to the bottom of the eyes. Once tightened layer quality was significantly better.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/ebfad26fcfedcf610ebf630d46399d5f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/9dd5761a6b3b5880433125411019f25c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/7fe4b25328bd26b155362e8692d1688e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/614299470ef5b7bb8bbeb31223b5e58c.jpg

With the support still on it makes it look like he’s got a flat top :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/f3f70a8d781d5098ebc4be2faddb24ab.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190529/17b75b551c1d96dfeb843dc0de1f3b33.jpg

Very nice. I like the idea of having a smoke detector nearby too.

I finally got some yellow pla and finished Batman.abb772cca1a769cfcf590928b3c7fe22.jpg

• Administrators

I bought an Anycubic i3 Mega printer from ebay a couple of weeks ago. I have managed to successfully print a number of parts, being the obligatory owls which come on the SD card when you buy the thing and also a number of mods for this printer from Thingiverse, of which every one has printed successfully but been a failure due to them being the wrong size or something similar :). I did the extruder calibration and found it was under extruding a lot, so since fixing that, the parts are at least printing a lot more accurately. This is the

calibration test after fixing the extruder.

IMG_20190527_103541.jpg.3daac9bbe38c5ac3f09b2e06e571ec12.jpg

I have just received some PETG as well and wanted to print something I had already printed to compare, so I printed another 24 tooth gear. The orange one is PLA and the white is PETG. Quite happy with the way it has come out.

gears.png.964eaea2a1bf64c6d3fda9be0e448fc8.png

Nice.

There are so many tweaks that can be done to machines (both hardware and software) that the process of getting a perfect print (in fdm printing ) can take a while.

I’m waiting on a new silent board that should make my ender3 pretty quiet.

I’d also been playing with some more public profiles (creawsome mod) that change quite a few settings that allows new users good “out of the box prints”.

My profiles left,creawsome right.

8fec25fdfd934f5f4f79f05018cf5da7.jpgf4788e53ba9695b5b64ab90672d1fa18.jpg3597d30961c9c59f4aca5547cc63aeec.jpg94685695f774c77829d489719059a9f0.jpg

Fooking bugs. One landed right below one of the eyes :/ re-sand and another gloss coat then gold time! :)

It’s actually turned out quite well so far, I’m surprised.

bedbc0dc3b5d22f6be74a1b856ff59d5.jpg

f2e6c6e7fdf9a4d568ca8c2ec8c32c7c.jpg

That looks fantastic. What did you print it out of, PLA?

Yeah just PLA. It’s the only filament type I have.

Ps: that is painted by the way, not the natural pla finish. When researching how the prop makers made the gold color look so nice they mention that they normally do it over gloss black base coats.