Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Netherworld Australia Kong Off 2 - November 10th and 11th

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be serious turn out by the list :)

Yeah it's gonna be good. If the top 16 works out with scores like that, I don't think there is going to be one player that finishes qualifying in the top 4 that won't be a little bit nervous about playing someone in the bottom 12-16 in round 1.

Don't need a 1mil point game to beat the number 1 ranked player, just need 100 more than what they get in the h2h game.

Yeah it's gonna be good. If the top 16 works out with scores like that, I don't think there is going to be one player that finishes qualifying in the top 4 that won't be a little bit nervous about playing someone in the bottom 12-16 in round 1.

Don't need a 1mil point game to beat the number 1 ranked player, just need 100 more than what they get in the h2h game.

That's it, I still watch top players die in the first few levels, if they get a shit game.theres days I play and can't even beat 40k, it really is a good game for comps. It will also be interesting to play under pressure too, won't be the same as playing at home. Hopefully the 8 cabs allows everyone to have a few games

• Administrators
Last potential player leaderbaord ranking update for the long weekend:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136564[/ATTACH]

@Jimmy Nails - any idea yet if it's going to be top 8 or top 16 qualifying for the Sunday finals?

Looks at this stage if everyone plays close to their potential it will be 500k+ to qualify if top 8, or 200k+ for top 16.

w00t look at me! :lol

@shiner - Hey Chris, any idea of what your Donkey Kong PB is currently? Looks like my list is a little out of date with your score.

Hey John, best is 323200. Started to play a bit more the last week so hopefully i can improve on that before November.

Hi

I will try to get there as a spectator- if not are we able to but marque / tshirt / posters online?

would love a poster/marque for the gamesroom.

Im sure there would be plenty of interest for those that cant make it.

Hey mates

Just a quick update and official format. Cab build is coming along swimmingly. Dave and Adam are doing an amazing job.

Marquees will be printed soon, pins are here. All is coming together nicely.

Format below. Also I would like to print the commemorative poster soon so if you are not on this poster, or you know someone is 100% coming and should be on the poster below please let me know and I'll add them on.

Don't forget first prize is $1000 cold hard cash. Lovely. Will be prizes for the top 3 and first KS of the weekend.

Also the TG WR Monday is back this year so be sure to save some energy for the Monday.

See you all in one month. Wahooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Australian Kong Off 2 Format

Qualifying:

Qualifying scores will only count between 9am and 9pm on Saturday the 10th of November

Fair play rule abides

- no hogging machines

- no restarts after level 5

- be mindful of fellow competitors, give everyone a chance

Top 16 advance

Finals:

The format for Sunday will be a seeded single elimination bracket. Synchronised coin drop, no restarts, sudden death

Highest seed chooses cab first

1 v 16

2 v 15

3 v 14

4 v 13

5 v 12

6 v 11

7 v 10

8 v 9

NW-Poster-Kong-Off-II-Alt.thumb.jpg.e9741ccd01b78cc6bf8c9cf16014f026.jpg

Don't forget first prize is $1000 cold hard cash. Lovely. Will be prizes for the top 3 and first KS of the weekend.

So there will be a 3 v 4 play off this year? Hope so :)

- - - Updated - - -

looks like Richie has been practicing since last year, wow.

He's been playing more than he used to, but I don't think is actively trying to get better at the game. He was always a good player, but don't think he ever bothered submitting his PB's to any offiicial site so it was always a guess as to what his actual best was. I think prior to him playing in last years comp is was in the mid 500k's.

His KS game was 830k odd I think, I have the actual number in a FB chat, I'll dig it out and update the table at some stage.

So there will be a 3 v 4 play off this year? Hope so :)

- - - Updated - - -

He's been playing more than he used to, but I don't think is actively trying to get better at the game. He was always a good player, but don't think he ever bothered submitting his PB's to any offiicial site so it was always a guess as to what his actual best was. I think prior to him playing in last years comp is was in the mid 500k's.

His KS game was 830k odd I think, I have the actual number in a FB chat, I'll dig it out and update the table at some stage.

Going to be some good comp, alot of half mil+ players now in top 16

Not sure I understand the shoot out top 16, is it highest player v lowest? 1v16?

Not sure I understand the shoot out top 16, is it highest player v lowest? 1v16?

My understanding of how it works is this, after qualifying on Saturday the top 16 play off for the title on Sunday. So the draw would probably look like this:

1 v 16

8 v 9

4 v 13

6 v 11

5 v 12

3 v 14

7 v 10

2 v 15

Winner of 1 v 16 then meets winner of 8 v 9 in round 2

Winner of 7 v 10 then meets winner of 2 v 15 in round 2 etc

Same as a tennis draw. Gives the top qualifiers the best chance at progressing - that's the advantage you get for being a top player. So assuming the number 1 and 2 qualifiers don't bomb out in round 1, there is no chance they will meet someone ranked higher than 7th in the 2nd round.

http://i.imgur.com/C09JMHd.jpg

Don't stress mate I'm still new I probably wouldn't beat you :) :lol

Hey mates

Getting pretty excited about this event. Dave and Adam are doing an amazing job on our scratch builds. They have just finished painting and the colour looks spot on. By the end of this week we should have all the cabs upright and together ready for boards, wiring and crt's. Lovely times

I have a couple of requests from you fine people. If possible can people please send me t-shirt size requests via this thread or PM by the end of the week? I would hate for anyone to miss out and all requests will be put aside to guarantee you get your size. Will be $30

Below is also the copy for the festival/day bill style poster we would like to do for the event. Can you guys please have a read over and double check the tag lines? Any suggestions or edits welcome. If someone is not on the list and should be or if I have missed an important achievement for someones tag line please let me know.

17 sleeps to go :)

Richie Knucklez - Creator of the Kong Off Tournaments and Star of King of Arcades

Andrew Barrow - Meow Wolf Score Wars Galaga World Champion & Kill Screen King

Shane Sawle - Reigning Oz Kong Off Champion & Current Australian DK Record Holder

Allen Staal - World Wide Donkey Kong Royalty

Jon Tannahill - Space Invaders World Record Holder

John McNeill - Bump N Jump World Record Holder

Michael Kibbey - Nibbler (MAME) World Record Holder

Johnny Bonde - The Ultimate Denizen and Top Denmark DK Player

Phil Day - Former Galaga World Record Holder and Event Stream Commentator

Sean Tagg - Top UK DK Player and Arcade Perfect Podcast Host

bigredbird - pro spring headbutter

Gerry Scott - Owner of the G Spot Arcade and Walter Day Card recipient

David James - Owner of Daves Arcade and tech genius

Estel Goffinet - Million Point DK Player & W.R.H on Kicker, Road Fighter & Intrepid

Ethan Daniels - Million Point DK Player & USA KO6 Competitor

Tyson Hargreaves - former Point Blank W.R.H and Netherworld Arcade Club Host

Neil Cairns - Wonder Boy World Record Holder

Marc Bell - Ghouls n Ghosts WRH and Game The System podcast host

Shaun Jay Ruhland - 2018 Netherworld Ultimate Denizen & ...

Mike Coolican -

Derek Broadfoot -

Steven Riding -

Not confirmed:

Paul 'OOO' Hornitzky - MGL Game Master and World Record Holder on Pengo, Blaster, Discs of Tron and Klax