Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Netherworld Australia Kong Off 2 - November 10th and 11th

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone :)

Not long left to wait now. Getting quite excited!

I was just curious what people's itineraries were like, especially those travelling interstate. As I'm arriving late friday afternoon, I'm keen to go on the full "arcade tour" by visiting the 1up and Pincadia over the three days before going home at the crack of dawn, Monday.

I'm especially eager to check out the array of vertical shmups at the 1UP. It'd be doubly motivating if there's a high score board to check out too. :) Perhaps we could have a group get together to go on the Friday or Saturday evening, go out for dinner etc? Maybe thumb the post or send me a message if this sounds like a good idea!

The more the merrier.

@Jimmy Nails

Is 1942 still at Netherworld? I noticed that John's ol' score has disappeared. Hoping to play a few credits over the weekend!

Hi everyone :)

Not long left to wait now. Getting quite excited!

I was just curious what people's itineraries were like, especially those travelling interstate. As I'm arriving late friday afternoon, I'm keen to go on the full "arcade tour" by visiting the 1up and Pincadia over the three days before going home at the crack of dawn, Monday.

I'm especially eager to check out the array of vertical shmups at the 1UP. It'd be doubly motivating if there's a high score board to check out too. :) Perhaps we could have a group get together to go on the Friday or Saturday evening, go out for dinner etc? Maybe thumb the post or send me a message if this sounds like a good idea!

The more the merrier.

@Jimmy Nails

Is 1942 still at Netherworld? I noticed that John's ol' score has disappeared. Hoping to play a few credits over the weekend!

Hey dude,

@outrun86 and myself will probably go check out 1UP once we check in Friday arvo. I feel that will be the best time considering Saturday will be at Netherworld most of the day and then finals on Sunday. Likely around 5/6pm leaving from the accomodation.

Obviously this is open to anyone else who wants to share a cab/Uber etc...

Cheers

• Administrators

I'm only heading in on the Saturday. Had planned to get there early but my daughter has decided she wants to come along and she doesn't get off work until 11am so I'll be there around lunch.

FYI Pincadia has not re-opened yet so you won't be visiting there this time.

Cheers,

Brad

Carn guys... This is the only arcade thread on AA I've ever paid any real attention to...

How'd it go?

Cheers,

G

PS: Jimmi... If yr ever keen to host a Bomb Jack Off, I promise to host no performance anxiety.

• Administrators
Carn guys... This is the only arcade thread on AA I've ever paid any real attention to...

How'd it go?

Cheers,

G

PS: Jimmi... If yr ever keen to host a Bomb Jack Off, I promise to host no performance anxiety.

It was epic. I was there Saturday but couldnt make sunday. Got dragged out by family instead. Matchplay finals results here

https://matchplay.events/live/qbb9k/bracket

I ended up watching the play-off for 1st, 2nd & 3rd after I got home. Couldn't believe the low scores but it goes to show what pressure can do. Great atmosphere and like last year a REALLY good time. The 8 cabs were beautiful and no real issues apart from very minor niggles fixed straight away.

Estel Goffinet ended up winning with both him and Alan on their last man battling away at the 200k mark. The runner up final was epic between Matt Tecchio and Johnny Bonde. Both lost all lives bar one on the same fram from memory, then Matt got hit with a barrel that dropped straight down REALLY fast. Johnny was about 9k behind him on his last man. Finished a frame and needed 2100k from the spring level. He got the last ladder and waited to move.........waited for about 3 springs and took off only to be nailed 2/3rds up the ladder to finish 4th.

Brad

Ooops - forgot to post about the event. Fantastic, better than the first.

Met lots of great new guys and caught up with a lot of old friends too.

Thanks to Jimmy & Ben and NW for hosting and putting up with us all weekend, including Monday when a few of us had a bash on some other machines and consoles.

I really loved the top 16, at the end of the day I would have made it to the finals if it was top 8 only - but so many great players would have missed out on the finals including:

1. Ky Staal who qualified 16th and gave Ethan (Qualified 1st) in the first round a real run for his money

2. Matt Tecchio who qualified 9th and progressed not only through the round of 16, but then knocked Ethan out in the Quarter Finals.

3. Chris Jennings took the biggest scalp in the Round of 16 taking out last years winner, and 4th highest qualifier, Shane.

4. Sean Tagg qualified 15th and played probably the game of the tournament in the round of 16, smashing his PB and pushing eventual finalist Allen Staal right to the end

I love that tournaments around Australia for arcade and console seem to be more about inclusiveness, let everyone play. I hope it stays that way.

Top 32 playoff next year anyone? :)

Massive thanks to the guys behind the scenes (Dave, Adam, John G) who got everything going. The custom built machines were beautiful and apart from a few problems that were quickly solved, all 8 machines more or less ran flawlessly for the entire competition.