Thread: Netherworld Australia Kong Off 2 - November 10th and 11th

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    @kane - are you thinking about coming up again?
    Unlikely I'll get there this year

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Unlikely I'll get there this year
    that sucks.

If it's just a matter of funds, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I am also trying to help out with setting up accommodation for those from interstate and internationally, if you are planning on coming let me know and I'll see what I can sort out to make the trip as cheap as possible.
    G'day John. After enjoying the wonderful fun that was the "Battle of the Arcades", I'm seriously looking into the possibility of coming up to Netherworld for this event. I've got to see it all live for myself! Thus, I'd love to hear more about your accommodation ideas - I was initially just going to go for a nearby backpackers or YHA, but if there's something like an "Aussie Arcade B&B" that'd be great!

I'm also keen to know more about any of other smaller competitions that might be going on over the weekend.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
    G'day John. After enjoying the wonderful fun that was the "Battle of the Arcades", I'm seriously looking into the possibility of coming up to Netherworld for this event. I've got to see it all live for myself! Thus, I'd love to hear more about your accommodation ideas - I was initially just going to go for a nearby backpackers or YHA, but if there's something like an "Aussie Arcade B&B" that'd be great!

I'm also keen to know more about any of other smaller competitions that might be going on over the weekend.
    PM Sent.

Anyone else looking for possible accommodation help, send me a friend request on FB - my name is John McNeill for those who don't know and I'll invite you to a private accommodation group.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Decided to put in a solid effort this weekend, played 8 games so far, scored over 1.7 million points in those games and increased my PB to 498,600 - should have been a 500k game if not for a stupid death on 13-5.

kong.png

Just under 4 months to go, how is everyone else progressing? Come on, let's start undermining each others confidence

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)
    Decided to put in a solid effort this weekend, played 8 games so far, scored over 1.7 million points in those games and increased my PB to 498,600 - should have been a 500k game if not for a stupid death on 13-5.

kong.png

Just under 4 months to go, how is everyone else progressing? Come on, let's start undermining each others confidence
    IF (and it's a big if) I can make it up for this I'll be mainly drinking and socializing and probably won't embarrass myself by showing my lack of DK skills. Low 100K on a good day (203K arcade PB a long time ago) is not anywhere near good enough for a Kong Off

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)

kong.png

That's great stuff John.. Killing my Pb now..

Sent from my HTC 2PZC100 using Tapatalk

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMacauley View Post
    IF (and it's a big if) I can make it up for this I'll be mainly drinking and socializing and probably won't embarrass myself by showing my lack of DK skills. Low 100K on a good day (203K arcade PB a long time ago) is not anywhere near good enough for a Kong Off
    Make sure you're booked to hang around for the Monday too if you come, that is a high scores day, play whatever when the bar is shut. NW now has an original Wonderboy, though the High Scores on this are pretty healthy now if you want your name on the blackboard. Pelly is talking about possibly bringing his Stern Turtles board, can't remember if you like that game or not. Pretty much most guys on the Monday will be setting scores for submission to Twin Galaxies on original hardware.

I know you've got friends in Brisbane, but feel free to hit me up if you're in need of finding accomodation for the weekend too.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Ok guys, flights are booked and I will be at Kong off, can't wait to see you guys and finally meet some of the people from this great forum, bring on the Kong.

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Okay, I am all booked in now! Will see you guys there! Keep a cab warm for me

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information