Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MGL 35 - RULES - NOMINATIONS are CLOSED

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)
    Ashamed to admit that I couldnít break the score needed to get the free pin at Netherworld on Galaga. I did get the Donkey Kong one though!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)
    Here are my noms..

Discs of Tron
    Spy Hunter
    Marble Madness
    Pole Position
    Outrun
    Tempest

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)
    That guy playing Mappy in the intro video looks really cool!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    Ashamed to admit that I couldn’t break the score needed to get the free pin at Netherworld on Galaga. I did get the Donkey Kong one though!
    From memory the Galaga pin was released not long before the first Aussie Kong Off. On the Monday after the Kong Off, a couple of us were recording scores for submission to Twin Galaxies, and this included Barra playing Galaga. So obviously the machine had to be set to difficulty D. Now I'm not positive, but I believe the machine was never set back to the easiest difficult - in other words, obtaining the pin for Galaga is actually pretty tough on this difficulty setting. Most games I can just creep over the 100k line on difficulty D, but on easy - well it's generally a first or second life thing.

State
    Noble Park, Vic
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    Noms are in !

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    That guy playing Mappy in the intro video looks really cool!

Getting ready for the Mappy Score Wars in 2019.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    From memory the Galaga pin was released not long before the first Aussie Kong Off. On the Monday after the Kong Off, a couple of us were recording scores for submission to Twin Galaxies, and this included Barra playing Galaga. So obviously the machine had to be set to difficulty D. Now I'm not positive, but I believe the machine was never set back to the easiest difficult - in other words, obtaining the pin for Galaga is actually pretty tough on this difficulty setting. Most games I can just creep over the 100k line on difficulty D, but on easy - well it's generally a first or second life thing.
    Ok Iíll take that as my excuse but honestly I feel I just didnít play at my best.
    You can bet if Iím ever back in that area of ANZ- I will be back to Netherworld!

State
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    Its definitely not back on the normal setting. I'm usually good for around 400k and I struggled to get that pin. The game does not play the same as in normal mode for sure. I only played it again a couple of weeks ago and no change.

Brad

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

I have heard the Galaga pin is worth more than the Donkey Kong pin. Galaga is certainly more popular at AA than DK, the numbers prove it.

Galaga 70 vs Donkey Kong paltry 16. Even Gyruss is more popular at 33 and Ghosts n Goblins at 38.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

And I didn't make this up!

Did more people watch the Galaga Pro Final (over 3,000 views live) than any Kong off?

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2316 Post(s)
    Defective poll, no BnJ option

Though I do agree with this :

Crush Roller 0 votes 0%

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information