Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vpx sound manager not displaying

Gruntis

Question

Haven't used my cab in months due to windows playing up and causing freezes with vpx. Finally got round to fixing up windows and the millions of updates it wanted. Now I have a nice smooth running cab.

The problem i have is though, I'm running a very basic version of Rusty's Poor Mans DOF and I need to turn a few sounds up. Sounds simple but after updating to 10.4 stable I can no longer bring up the sound manager, I click but nothing opens.

Any ideas?

10 answers to this question

Haven't used my cab in months due to windows playing up and causing freezes with vpx. Finally got round to fixing up windows and the millions of updates it wanted. Now I have a nice smooth running cab.

The problem i have is though, I'm running a very basic version of Rusty's Poor Mans DOF and I need to turn a few sounds up. Sounds simple but after updating to 10.4 stable I can no longer bring up the sound manager, I click but nothing opens.

Any ideas?

Grab the latest 10.5 Beta: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-5-beta/

I don't usully use Betas but have been in the last few months and not had any issues.

sounds like a screwy install then. Sound manager def works fine in 10.5Beta, i also use exciters for feedback so use the sound manager a fair bit.

i'd be uninstalling VP, reboot, then reinstall VP.

Completely reinstalled a number of times now and still no sound manager. Looking like I'm just going to have to play them as is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Such a weird issue. So the sound manager option is there, but just won't open when you choose it?

Have you got latest MS .net updates (clutching at straws now..)

Yep option there but when i click on it, nothing. If i open the image manager below it it opens fine.

Fairly sure I've got the latest ms.net, think it's 4.7

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

OK think i might have a cure for you, direct from one of the VP developers resonsible for sound in VP. His instructions:

Close VPX. Go to regedit, go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Visual Pinball\VP10\Editor

Delete the keys: SoundMngPosY and SoundMngPosX