Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Doesn't appear to be varnished

[ATTACH=CONFIG]126613[/ATTACH]

that timber looks really smooth and sealed with something, Its not a shellac?

Its definitely had a few different paint jobs over the years and poorly stripped back a few times, does that back door look like the yellow is going under the service and ant feeding card? that could be one way to tell which colour it was.

that yellow looks like it below that shitty green also. going by the yellow outline around the green.

So it was either a shellac finish or Yellow I suspect.

• Super Moderator

I would say its been rubbed back to bare wood before on the outside

but your right it looks like the original colour was yellow as like you said its that colour under the back instruction card which has been glue down

When you are restoring this type of thing do you match the colour or take back to bare wood and shalac?

If your asking me how I would go about a resto on a game like this in that condition.

colour match and would use enamel, I would take it back to timber, I wouldnt bother with the inside of the back door, I would leave that. Id keep that Original same goes for the inside of the machine, other than clean Lube and service.

I take it back to timber as to avoid reactions But also timber surfaces can be shit and often need some attention, Fix timber joints, the timber would need tobe sealed so the timber pours doesnt suck up the paint. after sealing it then I would paint.

some people want the old Original plating so in those cases I leave the old plating the way it is,and just give clean. I definitely would leave the original advertising card on the front even if it has staining or slight damage.

that machine has been molested many times over so i wouldn't feel bad about restoring that. It is common for sited games to be like that, they were made to make money and so to keep them making money operators would clean them up many times over many years, often even change paint not only because the old paint is tired but also as an attempt to try and make it look more in line with the time as some were sited for many decades.

Sadly allot of operated did crap jobs

Edited by jason1