Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Snake bite kills

Sorry to hear that mate.

Browns are just part of the life of the bush as your well aware of I'm sure.

The neighbours around our farm have lost dogs through snakes one dog being bitten and given anti vanine twice before that both saved it's life but it doesn't work a third time round unfortunately and that was the death of him.

The other neighbour's Staffie, while he did kill the brown, he was bit as well and died a meter away from the headless snake.

Alpacas are tough critters she probably tried to take it on defending others

Yes, were sure she was protecting her baby, she paid a high price for her babies life.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear that mate.

Browns are just part of the life of the bush as your well aware of I'm sure.

The neighbours around our farm have lost dogs through snakes one dog being bitten and given anti vanine twice before that both saved it's life but it doesn't work a third time round unfortunately and that was the death of him.

The other neighbour's Staffie, while he did kill the brown, he was bit as well and died a meter away from the headless snake.

Yes, you have got to wonder why a snake would evolve with such a lethal venom, makes me nervous that my son is at the moment dealing with them every day, He's a licensed snake catcher in Bendigo.

Wouldn't have thought that a brown would have been territorial, either way sorry to hear for the poor animal not a good way to pass.

Not sure they are territorial, for all we know the Alpaca stepped on it. Nobody saw it happen, had we seen it happen help could have been given a lot faster.

Wouldn't have thought that a brown would have been territorial, either way sorry to hear for the poor animal not a good way to pass.

Problem is usually all they, snakes, want to do when they see a threat is get to there hole or wherever they are using and if you get in the path to that location, they will attack.

That is why some appear to be trying to get away while others seem hell bent on killing you.

Biggest problem there is you usually have no idea where they want to go.

Problem is usually all they, snakes, want to do when they see a threat is get to there hole or wherever they are using and if you get in the path to that location, they will attack.

That is why some appear to be trying to get away while others seem hell bent on killing you.

Biggest problem there is you usually have no idea where they want to go.

Added to that, they do most of there moving around at night so you can't see the buggers till you feel the bite.

Sorry to hear mate, that is a part of your job I could not handle.

Added to that, they do most of there moving around at night so you can't see the buggers till you feel the bite.

Ok, so Moyra will be carrying me to our sleeping quarters it would seem...

Sorry to hear mate, that is a part of your job I could not handle.

Ok, so Moyra will be carrying me to our sleeping quarters it would seem...

I don't think you'll need to worry to much Michael, the noise you lot make will keep them miles away. They didn't bother you last year did they.

I don't think you'll need to worry to much Michael, the noise you lot make will keep them miles away. They didn't bother you last year did they.

Haha, me? It was all Dave, Ray, Mark, Allison, Moyra and Tim! I am the quiet type...:D