Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Recapped Macintosh LC

My Mac LC had a ticking power supply and wouldn't go bong [emoji852] so after watching a YouTube video I decided to recap the power supply. I also bought two spare motherboards, as the original one didn't look good, that I recapped and now it goes bong when I turn it on with either board. 8acfc25b7aab28c846520d923fa8c3b4.jpg

I'm picking up a 12" RGB monitor for it from @Kaizen late April which just needs a video cable fitted as the original was cut off. So I'll be able to see if it boots up properly then but it sounds good and the voltages are now good. 9e80d9dc573c7fb4d9a9395ab7e29773.jpg5ad46b22044724cbd8897c1d85d37464.jpg

The original board I removed from it is a bit crusty so I'll recap this too and maybe sell it as I don't need two spares.

3acde8e1c7b08ddf9656d751712238dd.jpg

Another win. [emoji16]

Cheers Trev.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My Mac LC had a ticking power supply and wouldn't go bong [emoji852] so after watching a YouTube video I decided to recap the power supply. I also bought two spare motherboards, as the original one didn't look good, that I recapped and now it goes bong when I turn it on with either board. 8acfc25b7aab28c846520d923fa8c3b4.jpg

I'm picking up a 12" RGB monitor for it from @Kaizen late April which just needs a video cable fitted as the original was cut off. So I'll be able to see if it boots up properly then but it sounds good and the voltages are now good. 9e80d9dc573c7fb4d9a9395ab7e29773.jpg5ad46b22044724cbd8897c1d85d37464.jpg

The original board I removed from it is a bit crusty so I'll recap this too and maybe sell it as I don't need two spares.

3acde8e1c7b08ddf9656d751712238dd.jpg

Another win. [emoji16]

Cheers Trev.

Nice work! - I have done a few mac classics as its a common problem. Amazingly if you take the boards out and give them a damn good wash and allow them to dry out completely it generally brings them back to life. Caps still need to be replaced but its a good way to test if it still works prior to cap replacement!

Nice work! - I have done a few mac classics as its a common problem. Amazingly if you take the boards out and give them a damn good wash and allow them to dry out completely it generally brings them back to life. Caps still need to be replaced but its a good way to test if it still works prior to cap replacement!
Yeah my Mac Classic was the same.

I'll remove the caps and give the original board a scrub with Isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush before fitting the new caps.

Cheers Trev. The power supply was a bit crusty too so I recapped the low voltage side.3ed4da7dee088309acbafb753e3fd407.jpg

Yeah my Mac Classic was the same.

I'll remove the caps and give the original board a scrub with Isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush before fitting the new caps.

Cheers Trev. The power supply was a bit crusty too so I recapped the low voltage side.3ed4da7dee088309acbafb753e3fd407.jpg

Aren't caps just the greatest! Its almost like Macs and Sega game gears are relations ;)