Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kong Off 6 starts tomorrow our time

Final 8 for tomorrow which sadly I won't be able to watch :(

kongoff.png.ce044d4ee95ba25e268d7e2be23cc422.png

Wild card player Dave Clark qualified 7th with a KS on last coin drop. He isn't even listed on the DKF high score list :o And George Riley qualified 8th with his first ever KS.

Congrats @Barra - 14th in that field is a huge effort.

Good luck to all tomorrow, if I was a betting man, I'd be probably getting about $1.05 odds on Robbie :)

Robbie ended up taking it out reasonably easily

I didn’t play as much as I could have but was having too much fun playing other stuff and hanging out. 4th to 14th was super close so it could have been different had I finished my game :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yes, congrats to Robbie for winning and Eric for runner up.

I didn't get to watch all of the finals due to work, but did get to see a chunk of it. Some of the quarter finals and semi's were absolutely epic head to head games. Hopefully they were all saved on twitch streams - it would be good if someone would watch them back and do some semi-professional commentary and then re-release them. Even one or both players would be cool, explaining what was going through their mind as they faced off.

Aussie Kong Off 2 later this year is going to be epic.

I didn't really enjoy the coverage of this event as much as the Aussie Kong Off to be honest; the Twitch streams just didn't quite generate the same exciting feeling of "being there" as those during the Netherworld event. Also, the schedule and structure wasn't really ideal, so I wasn't able to watch any of the finals live.

It was pretty incredible to see Robbie get 1 million twice in a day though - all during qualifying.

Looking forward to the second Aussie Kong Off as well as the Galaga World Champs. :)

I didn't really enjoy the coverage of this event as much as the Aussie Kong Off to be honest; the Twitch streams just didn't quite generate the same exciting feeling of "being there" as those during the Netherworld event. Also, the schedule and structure wasn't really ideal, so I wasn't able to watch any of the finals live.

I totally agree with you there. Setting up 18 machines with high quality streams is a bit more of a process than 4, but even still, Netherworld's stream really did blow this out of the water. I also found some of the camera set ups to be pretty inconsistent, some were very hard to read scores on clearly etc.

It was pretty incredible to see Robbie get 1 million twice in a day though - all during qualifying.

Looking forward to the second Aussie Kong Off as well as the Galaga World Champs. :)

I didn't actually watch very much of Robbie, seen him do WR stuff already which is even more incredible :) Unfortunately with time differences, we're never going to get a great time to watch finals live. The USA guys are lucky, our Kong Off finals on a Sunday fit in perfectly more of less with their weekend :D

Galaga comp is going to be awesome - under 2 weeks to go. Go @Barra

- - - Updated - - -

This is the final 8 and their progression to the final which as mentioned was won by Robbie Lakeman:

kofinal.png.6efe8dab371258d501677ac87526766d.png

8+ laptops were required not to mention the number of cameras and lengths of cabling. JC and Dan were there a full day before the event just to do setup.

May not have looked as nice but even getting it running is a HUGE achievement.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade