Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

RC Drifting - who knew?

Yeah those drift tyres are really smooth... good thing about the cars is that its easy to change tyres.... its sad to think I have a shelf with about 30 different rc rims ... lol ..... at least its a lot cheaper real cars..

There's also drift tyres that have chunks of flint in them which look cool sparking away as you drift around in the dark... although not worth the money, those ones wear out very quickly.

In early 90's, junior high school, I was into 1/10th off road electric.... race meetings, trophies etc... it was pretty cool, fun, and great learning experience perforing maintenance etc. I had a Tamia Madcap ? to start with then converted it for some onroad meets and fitted with VN groupA lexan body... then went 4wd buggy with a PB Maxima... which eventually became a "Nissan King Cab" monster truck. That damn thing flew and went some crazy places Lol

Should never have sold them all...

The drift competitions look fun! ... The VN used to do similar things with the good motor and slicks :) ... There were these tyres, I punched holes and fitted with pop rivets for spikes; when the rivets all came out this morphed into putting flamable liquid inside the swiss cheese treads, and lighting the drifter up! .... the little bogan in me couldnt help it, and it did look pretty cool Lol. No permanent damage. If only phone cameras existed then !

• 4 weeks later...
I saw Tamiya have re-released their classic buggies. The Big Wig was always on my wish list but was too expensive when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yer our local rc shop has a bunch of the classic ones also, so thats pretty cool.

they dont have the same features of a newer model RC because they are virtually the same as they were back 30 years ago, but the big kid inside us wants one just because we wanted one as a kid but never got one. lol

Its like sticking your middle figure up and yelling, f--k you santa I still got my Rc car you never got me you bastard lol