Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Frontend suggestions for a cocktail cab

Hi,

I'm currently building a cocktail cab. In terms of hardware I'm planning on running a HP thin client (Dual Core, 8GB RAM, running Windows Embedded Standard 7 - 64 bit) with a Dell 2007FP LCD (4:3 1600x1200) and a 2 player Xin-Mo for the controls. I've tried Hyperspin (A packaged set with ROMs called HyperV) with this combo. This actually runs pretty well considering the hardware but it doesn't seem to be truly geared towards the vertical layout. I'm considering trying Mala but I thought I'd defer to the hive mind and experience here before I burn the hours figuring it out. I mainly want to run MAME classics (the hardware is more than good enough for the actual games) and I'd prefer to use what I have over something like a 60-in-one. Can anyone make a suggestion for where to start? I'm also not opposed to wiping out Windows. These things also run Linux just fine.

T

Mala Outdated you say ,I am still using game launcher , it looks like it belongs in a cab from the 80's ,

Mala is outdated as it doesn't work with newer versions of MAME unless you modify the mame.xml file to make it work. It's easy to do, but a pain in the ass unless you know what to do first.

It's just a legacy frontend. I still use it, as I know how to use it and I like the simplicity of it. However, it has been superseded by a bunch of others. It's like how Mala originally replaced MameWAH due to the lack of proper support MameWAH had for WindowsXP.