Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help Nth Sydney! Just need a pin played then head box dropped

Reaching out to any North Sydney-siders!

I desperately need a machine - in Pennant Hills - visited and played over the weekend.

Got HyTech Transport headed there next week to pick up this particular machine, but current owner is not too 'pack-up' savvy and we are both a bit worried.

Literally just need it turned on, play a game, then drop head-box and stow Back-glass, possibly on top.

No lifting.

Nothing huge.

Legs stay on etc.

It's an early 80's Bally SS, so Back-glass out, swing open light board, remove however many bolts are securing it to the cabinet (generally 9/16ths or 15mm), drop head box via it's hinges onto some cardboard chunks perhaps, then chuck glass up top.

Bonus points if you take some cardboard and chuck that around the glass.

Mega Bonus points if there's an old towel involved somewhere !

Paid gig if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

Machine is in Pennant Hills.

Hmm... will double check on the hinge thing. Assumed from it's age that it would part of the 'Hinge Club' Doug

(As opposed to your club ... 'The Unhinged Club' :lol' Stubby holders now available)

and when you say 'Earth-Braid'(?) are you possibly referring to the "Stops-it-flying-too-far-forward-when-you-brake-hard" strap ?

(PS. Yes people he has a point. If the head is separate and not hinged then possibly unscrew the earth braid to save it from ripping out.)

'

point of order.. think you will find that game head is not hinged.

watch the earth braid wired if you lie it on top

Thank you so much. Let me just check with the owner - as he was pushing for Saturday - and then i'll PM you back if Sunday is OK.

In regards to the packing I can walk you through it if need be :)

Machine will be getting a full resto so not fussed if you bang it up a bit ;)

I am in area and happy to help Sunday, but no SS packing experience.

massive Massive MASSIVE Thank you to @djc for helping out over the weekend.

Never met or spoken before, goes above and beyond the call of duty, and turns out to be a connoisseur to boot with impeccable (almost identical to mine;) taste.

Don't ever forget the goodwill / karma / brownie points you've got down here mate. I sure won't.

Which brings me to another massive thank you... to @Arcade King for, well, pretty much everything.

For all you put up with just know that it's times like this when what you have done & what you run makes truly amazing stuff happen ... don't ever think in any way that your contribution goes unnoticed.