Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Marco. Save a little on shipping

Marco. Save a little on shipping

Poking around on the Marco Pinball and I found something I wanted but was not looking for. Never going to find it elsewhere.

I told myself, not to get too excited before I find out the shipping prices. So I look around, find a few other things to get shipped with it, go though the checkout process. Once I found the shipping price, I figured I would add more stuff tomorrow and then proceed

On checking my e-mail this morning there was a message from Marco, noticing I had a cart of stuff but had not checked out…..

…..and here is a code to save 10% off the shipping price.

Not great, but any saving is good

Thought I would pass this on

Pete

Use shopmate for Marco and any other USA stores that charge too much , it's ausposts parcel forwarding service , 1/4 of the price , takes about a week longer

https://shopmate.auspost.com.au

Yea, shopmate is good for most stuff, just don't use them for large objects like a backglass or playfield - items like these exceed the maximum allowance & will not be sent on to Australia.

so how do use this for say marco. Do you give them a US address or something? What stops marco from automatically adding os postage?

Once you sign up to auspost it gives you an address in Portland US , so you give Marco that address ,then you pay standard $9.99 shipping for USA , a few days later the package arrived at your US address auspost weights it and sends you a bill you need to pay before they send it to you in Australia , always much cheaper

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Once you sign up to auspost it gives you an address in Portland US , so you give Marco that address ,then you pay standard $9.99 shipping for USA , a few days later the package arrived at your US address auspost weights it and sends you a bill you need to pay before they send it to you in Australia , always much cheaper

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Good tip and thanks. I've had a long time grumble with Marco since they started using I-global.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As the shipping cost from Marco direct to Au is so expensive I was going to ship it to my US address provided by Shopmate for them to forward it to Au, which will be cheaper.

Problem i’m having is when I go to pay using the US checkout option, they won’t accept payment from an Australian paypal account or an Australian credit card.

Am I missing something? How do you go about payment? I don’t want to get a US paypal account or cc, I can’t add a US address to my paypal acc.

They accepted mine a month ago with AU credit card and PayPal account?

Is it that you're shipping to the states and the credit card is AU? Flick them an email to sort it out, probably a silly fraud rule in their system.

They accepted mine a month ago with AU credit card and PayPal account?

Is it that you're shipping to the states and the credit card is AU? Flick them an email to sort it out, probably a silly fraud rule in their system.

Was your order shipped to a US address?

Yes, I was placing an order to be shipped to the States, but paying with AU credit card/Paypal account - wouldn't accept either. I didn't think of contacting them about it.

I ended up using a parcel forwarder which buys the items & ships them on my behalf (assisted purchase), I'm estimating it will end up being $25 - $30 cheaper than Marco's international shipping, which is significant on a small order.

Pretty sure there is an option on the Marco checkout to select us military outside us or similar that I used and never had a problem with an Australian credit card, been a while though.

I tried all the checkout options & couldn't see any option that would work with an AU CC or Paypal.

Unless I have missed something, I think what has happened is Marco has made some checkout changes due to the new import GST which they now are obligated to charge GST at their checkout (included in the invoice for Aus. customers).

If an order is placed through the US checkout option for a US address, no GST is applied, however if payment for that invoice comes via an Aust. CC or Paypal account is could be deemed the destination is Australia which may be why they won't accept it.

Once the parcel is sent here via a parcel forwarder in the same package Marco send it out in, it may get checked at some point after arriving in Australia for the GST component, the invoice will not show GST has been applied while Marco has an obligation to collect it - even though they don't have to collect it in this case that's how it would look at face value.

By Marco only accepting an Aust. CC or Paypal payment when GST is part of that transaction, then they are covered.

In any event it was still worth a workaround IMO as it works out a bit cheaper. Marco charge more than double the USPS shipping price.

Pretty sure there is an option on the Marco checkout to select us military outside us or similar that I used and never had a problem with an Australian credit card, been a while though.

Yep, I've used that before too Chris but like you've said, it was awhile ago. In actual fact I'm not spending anwhere near the money I used to overseas on parts 5 years ago.

Either i'm loosing interest or our local suppliers have more to offer on their stock now??