Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Fire alarms

b1807

Because the cooler temperature reduces chemical reaction in the batteries?

Yes. Voltage drops as temperature drops. So, when the batteries go marginal, they are most likely to do it when it's coolest, that is, in the middle of the night.

Michi.

NO dont listen to @Michi, he's one of THEM ! He designed the software for the smoke detectors with the 2am farg'en BEEP mode ! They want us to think its a cold battery early morning thing ! IT's NOT !!!! They WANT to wake us up at that hour and drive us slowly insane !

My plots for world domination all are coming apart at the seams lately… :(

Michi.

Yep same reason that most car batteries will die / give you trouble during winter .

In relation to the home smoke alarms , I have mine hooked up to 240v . They still have a battery in them for back up in case the power is out , but the batteries last a lot longer . I also have them integrated so that if one alarm senses smoke then they ALL go off at the same time . Deafening but does the bloody job . Never had to use them for their intended purpose and hopefully never have to .