Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Commodore 64 System Saver

I am also interested in a boxed version too if there are any remaining.

Many thanks Sir

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

There sure are. I've started on the second batch of 10 and have 10 cases printed for them. I just need to fit the cable, LEDs and sockets and test them.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There sure are. I've started on the second batch of 10 and have 10 cases printed for them. I just need to fit the cable, LEDs and sockets and test them.

Cheers Trev

Thanks Trev,

I'm in no rush so please just shoot me a PM when ready.

Thanks!!

Thanks Trev,

I'm in no rush so please just shoot me a PM when ready.

Thanks!!

Also just as an aside...(And probably not the right thread for this but....) what's the best solution for running roms on the C64 these days?

Ultimate-II ?

Also just as an aside...(And probably not the right thread for this but....) what's the best solution for running roms on the C64 these days?

Ultimate-II ?

I'll leave that to someone else.

I tend to use disk drives and carts. [emoji6]

Cheers Trev.

Ultimate-II ?

Cannot recommend the 1541 Ultimate-II+ enough, but the price point isn't something you can casually jump at unless you're sure you'll justify it's usage. The SD2IEC is pretty good, although you're still limited to drive loading speeds and it can't do cartridge/tape stuff. Price point reflects this though - $45-110 for a SD2IEC, vs $250+ for the 1541U...

- - - Updated - - -

C64 saver arrived today.

Looks fantastic, works great! Very happy, thanks mate. :)

Seconding this! Mine all turned up yesterday, and all is good.

Seems weird that my C64C PSU doesn't cause it to light up at all though, while my black bricks all get the green light.

I just got mine yesterday & as already mentioned it worked with my older PSU but not my later ones:

Under Trev's instruction I added the links to my non boxed version (there is also trev's pic on the for sale thread)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127141[/ATTACH]

And the later PSU is now working with the Saver too :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127143[/ATTACH]

I only just noticed today that the black version only has 4 pins, the beige one has all 7 like my older one.

Nicely done little item + neat little case, the beige PSU I just got last week so good to be able to easily check it before plugging it into C64.

SZ

• 3 weeks later...

Also- assuming I add my own images to the SD card?

Has anyone ever had trouble with a “screen jump”- I am converting the signal to rca video for an lcd monitor. The screen “jumps” 2 times every 10 seconds or so? - any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I just bought an SD2EIC and once received I’ll take my original c64 out again.

Can I use .d64 images with this? Also any advice on a cord to connect to RCA or HDMI?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

For the best pic out of the box use a high quality C64 Video Port S-Video cable if your TV / Monitor & C64 supports it (early 64's only have a 5 pin video port & require a mod)

Video port to composite (RCA) should be the easiest solution, Shouldn't need a converter ? unless that's something to do with NTSC :unsure

You can get HDMI using something like this, but they work best with RGB systems, Composite SCART cable - HDMI is not much improvement.

• 1 year later...