Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I should Google first and ask questions later. [emoji16] It appears to be a 10uf 16v tantalum cap with two ground leads. See below. So I should be able to replace it with a 10uf 16v Tantalum cap and a link.

Cheers Trevc76fbb9771b9eeddf2702d3d1d792d50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow good work. Even Jaycar stocks that lol!

- - - Updated - - -

What ya fixing?

I picked up an IBM 5155 while at the Gold Coast. We got home about an hour ago so I plugged it in and nothing but a zapping sound and bright orange spark from inside the case. So I opened it up and I could only see this damaged cap on the cga video card. When I get time I'll check the psu, pull the main board and give it a once over. I've got a really rough VIC-20 and a nice Sharp boom box to look at too. I also picked up a 10" colour tv that I'll add a composite video input to and maybe an audio input if I can figure it out and use it as a monitor.

Cheers Trev

Is that all? [emoji14]

Lots on the go there Trev. Need to free up time for C64 PSUs. ;)

The parts are just starting to come through for the C64 savers I even printed a test case. It goes in line between the psu and computer.e9b4b173f120ef07a5aac3d5dc469f77.jpg

Oh man that's awesome, I'm excited now!

Please let me know when you have one available for sale.

So does it cut power to the C64 automatically in the event of bad voltage or is it just a visual warning?

If it all works as expected it'll cut the power when it reaches about 5.4v. I'll check them all before selling them. I've ordered enough parts for 30 of them.

I thought that would be the case.

Can I have a printed case with mine please? :)

I only have one C64 PSU and I'm always scared it's going to malfunction and fry my beloved C64. Power saver is such a good peace of mind.

I'll put one aside for you.

Cheers Trev