Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Plunger options

Gday All

I have been looking at my options for a plunger and nudge.

I have done my research on the nudging options and I have pretty much decided I will go for the pinscape KL25Z board.

As I dont have a plunger yet I have been looking at options for where to get one from.

I was wondering if anyone has used the Ozstick plunger/sensor assembly and what they think of it.

I also noticed they sell it as a bundle with a pinscape based encoder. Is this the same as a KL25Z board and can I program it however I please? I would like to use the board for output devices too. If anyone has used this interface I would like to hear your feedback

I have bought parts from Ozstick a few times in the past and have had good experiences with them. I know they are a major contributor on this forum.

If I can buy it all at once from the one place its much more convenient.

Legin

I purchased the "new" plunger kit from @OzStick at the start of the year, it's been great, happily recommend it and Chris, he is always happy to discuss and help with setup.

The pinscape kit can be updated and reconfigured as you see fit, Chris came up with his plunger type to avoid a few issues he had seen with existing units, end result is great from my experience, movement is realistic and I haven't had to recalibrate since initial config.

Wob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gday All

I have been looking at my options for a plunger and nudge.

I have done my research on the nudging options and I have pretty much decided I will go for the pinscape KL25Z board.

As I dont have a plunger yet I have been looking at options for where to get one from.

I was wondering if anyone has used the Ozstick plunger/sensor assembly and what they think of it.

I also noticed they sell it as a bundle with a pinscape based encoder. Is this the same as a KL25Z board and can I program it however I please? I would like to use the board for output devices too. If anyone has used this interface I would like to hear your feedback

I have bought parts from Ozstick a few times in the past and have had good experiences with them. I know they are a major contributor on this forum.

If I can buy it all at once from the one place its much more convenient.

Legin

Hi Legin,

I make up the encoder to suit customers who are after a reasonably basic setup, so "out of the box" it caters for a total of 11 button inputs as well as analog nudging and an optional add on plunger module.

If you wanted to expand the functionality to include LED or DOF "drivers" you would need to add that yourself. You could always source your own KL25Z and add your own expansion boards if you wish, so that it is set up exactly how you require and you could then add my Plunger Module to it and it will work as required.

The Pinscape project has been developed to an EXTREMELY high standard, especially for a non-commercial offering. I've tried several other commercially available products of similar functionality and was re-selling one of them before I came across the Pinscape. I swapped over to it simply because it is superior in many different ways, has proven immensely more reliable and is significantly cheaper, so the decision was really a no-brainer!

I hope this info helps - drop me a line via my website if you need to know anything else because as others have suggested you're likely to get a quicker response.

Cheers,

Chris

Yes can vouch for the OzStick plunger, we used the sliding pot style in the VP Sim for the PS4 and it works extremely well. Best option for us. Thanks Chris you made it so much easier on this project.