Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Drop target springs

So I'm overhauling my Checkpoint and LW3.

I was going to sell the LW3, had it for years and was my first pin but I remember lining up in timezone early 90s to have a go and now for purely nostalgia reasons can't part with it.

Anyhow...got some new springs to replace the tired ones in both. LW3 replaced and no problems, but on the Checkpoint when I replaced them the coil doesn't have enough kick to reset them.

Seems odd...the springs seem all the same size, would it be the coil that's tired as well you think?

I switched the old springs back and...hey presto they reset again. I guess it goes to show...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Anyone enlighten me please, have I missed something here? Are there different rated springs etc.?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I should've been more specific, I meant the coil's action, not the coil itself. Like coils someone sprayed wd40 in so the sleeves were full of goop and grit or as you say something else being out of alignment. My thought being if the springs worked fine in one mechanism but not another, what else is different?

coils dont get tired they either work or they dont

(from the manual) the proper reset springs from both are 265-5003-00. what exactly did you order when you got the new springs? perhaps something else in the mechanics is worn or twisted?

Correct, they are 265-5003-00...that's what I tried replacing the old ones with.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk