Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Commodore Pet 2001 Series Restoration

I am starting this thread as I recently came into the possession of a Commodore Pet 2001 Series along with a Model 2040 Dual Disk Drive.

Takes up a lot of space but well worth the effort in getting a machine like this back and running.

The monitor works, and the machine tries to boot up with a scrambled display.

First things to check would be the ROMS and the Ram chips.

The person who had it last has already replaced the ROM chips with new ones, and already purchased the required ram chips (and a few others as well), so I am setup with a good supply of things to replace and try.

So I will post my progress to this thread as I go, hope some of you there are interested in this project.

1521134937_2018-01-2821_56_23.thumb.jpg.c1f81691f4015add70a9ea77842edad4.jpg

I'll also add a blog to my web page: http://www.electricadventures.net

I remember being taught Logo on one of these at school. They had it hooked up to a Tasman turtle. I'd love to recreate that setup.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I remember using Logo on the Apple II to draw things in high school. We had a unit in year 11 and 12 "computer games and simulations" - talk about a great subject.

We wrote a text adventure game and did some crude animations. that was some of the best fun I had in any high school classes.

I remember using Logo on the Apple II to draw things in high school. We had a unit in year 11 and 12 "computer games and simulations" - talk about a great subject.

We wrote a text adventure game and did some crude animations. that was some of the best fun I had in any high school classes.

We were pretty lucky having two Apple II europlus computers, a Pet, a C64 and a room full of VIC 20s

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk