Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Barn 2018 - 25th August

I can’t remember who won the Comp, but congrats. We had a great time. Wazza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't me I was sleeping by then.

Thanks to Leigh for opening up the barn and everyone involved in getting the meet up and running. Unfortunately I went way too hard too early and paid the price in spades :redface

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

huge thanks to leigh and dan for putting on an awesome meet. if it wasn't for those 2 guys the hobby wouldn't be the same.

can't even imagine the amount of time and lack of sleep it took to get this happening.

have to say loved the solid state pins and went to sleep last night trying figuring out where i could fit some in the shed.

Thanks to everyone who played a part in making last night happen and thanks to Leigh for opening up the barn for all of us to see. Fiona and I had a fantastic time and will definitely be coming to the next one, whenever that is.

Our highlight of the night was playing Gottlieb's Challenger. Absolute blast to play. I have never seen one of these before, and as IPDB tells me there were only 110 made, I don't think I will see one again! It was also fantastic to play some weird and wonderful Ataris and classic Ballys. It has definitely broadened by pinball horizons.

Thank you Leigh Dan, Edy & Dave for all your efforts, time and organising. Your efforts really shined.

What a blast...good to chat to new peeps of like minded people and catch up with the knowns.

I didnt get in the "Spirit" of things except for the OP rum and a couple of bourbons..Not a rum drinker but I'm definitely going to add a bottle of that to the bar stock...thanks Ron.

@Foot...yep that was my position with a couple of rotations, played a handful of games all night.

Never laughed so hard with the discussion of the colours brown and white and land ownership. :lol

Had an early and soberish night. Just got back home half hour ago, hence why I left early....dont like driving at night in the rain.

Once again what a choice night!!

Cheers

PS Thanks to whoever did the name tags ...was great to put AA names to faces!!

Was there a comp last night? If so can any let me know how I went?

I think @Defender was competing against his imaginary friends. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji23]

Echoing everyone else’s thanks to @sleazius , dan , Edy and everyone else who helped set up. Could only stay until 12ish, and would have loved to stay all night if not for bloody work!! And then spent 3/4 of that talking.

Amazing collection of games and awesome setup / venue. Really the perfect pinball shed.

This would be an amazing venue for some sort of Australian “PAPA” as discussed previously.

Thanks again guys!!!

I feel like a kid just back from Disneyland, what a fantastic night in every respect, truly special !

Thank you Leigh for such generosity in staging this epic meet for us and hope you really enjoyed your birthday celebration.

The finest smorgasbord of machines I've ever seen in one place - huge thanks to Dan and Edy, and to Dave FbX , Mick ( two Iron Maidens - wow, like driving a Lexus ! ) and whoever else shared and added to the collection......and to everyone who contributed to making this event so special - the endless sosso sangers, amazing fire on a crisp night in the Mulgoa praries and above all , the company of my fellow AA pinheads, friends old and new from far and wide, look forward to more good times ahead Cheers

Echoing everyone else's comments, I'd like to thank everyone that helped make this event happen, as obviously a great deal of effort went into organising everything.

Awesome night and it was great to catch up with old and new faces and some hilarious conversations were had.

The collection of pins was incredible, it was like xmas being able to play so many old pins which I'll probably never see again ... until @sleazius 50th :lol

Thanks once again

I feel like a kid just back from Disneyland, what a fantastic night in every respect, truly special !

Thank you Leigh for such generosity in staging this epic meet for us and hope you really enjoyed your birthday celebration.

The finest smorgasbord of machines I've ever seen in one place - huge thanks to Dan and Edy, and to Dave FbX , Mick ( two Iron Maidens - wow, like driving a Lexus ! ) and whoever else shared and added to the collection......and to everyone who contributed to making this event so special - the endless sosso sangers, amazing fire on a crisp night in the Mulgoa praries and above all , the company of my fellow AA pinheads, friends old and new from far and wide, look forward to more good times ahead Cheers

Sorry Ron, I got so swept up in it all that you didn’t get your name tag ..... was found in my pocket quite a few hours later.

Sorry Ron, I got so swept up in it all that you didn’t get your name tag ..... was found in my pocket quite a few hours later.

All good Edy - Dan got it to me in the end, so was able to assume my true identity before slipping away into the darkness.

Thanks again for all your work in setting up those machines, amazing

As everyone has said I would really like to thank Leigh, Dan, Edy, Dave and anyone who helped in any way to make this meet happen.

The collection and location was amazing! This time I spent most of my playtime on the oldies and loved it, surprise for me was Nip It, Moyra really liked it as well.

Always great to see the regulars and catch up with some of the interstaters I don't get to see often, and meet some new people.

I must say after reading through this thread I should have looked at more of the name tags, as had I known some of the AA crew that were there I would have said hello. Always next time.

Awesome, awesome night. Thanks fellas and thanks AA!

Fave games played by myself and ol' mate Mark in no real particular order;

Not of a fan of heavy rock bands but Mark and I had a lash at the Iron Maiden with the red trim this morning after FDD's brekky and didn't have a clue what we doing but I jagged 175, how many zeros not sure but we really enjoyed playing it - it wasn't all about the music. The flow and loops - Great and I think IMO this will be a Stern winner - It just was great fun to play.

Genie - never given this much love before but the example yesterday was again great fun to play.

Banzai Run - I'll play it every time I find one.

The SS games. Centaur, Fathom, Embyron and Black pyramid played exceptionally well - I'd be proud to have mine to be playing that well - nice job.

BSD, snappy and sharp -excellent player.

Thanks again for the lineup and the fun.:)

Many thanks Leigh, Dan, and all the people who made this happen. Totally brilliant event, great people, and wonderful hospitality!! A lot of hard work for sure putting this all together, and very, very much appreciated. Cheers guys.

Many thanks Leigh, Dan, and all the people who made this happen. Totally brilliant event, great people, and wonderful hospitality!! A lot of hard work for sure putting this all together, and very, very much appreciated. Cheers guys.

Yeh, watching you and Russel playing that Centaur there was always time for "one" more game on that.

@zanderzone and I have just got home. A big drive to Brisbane after an awesome event and only 3 hours sleep.

Was great to put lots of faces to names I see on the forum.

Many thanks to all involved, especially Leigh (and family), Dan,Edy, Furball, the cooks and everyone else for making it such a memorable event. :D

Best Pinball event Sue and I have ever been too. We did not spend too much time flipping, plenty of time meeting and talking to all the great people in this hobby. Putting a face to a name and meeting so many genuine people was the highlight of the night for us.

Thanks very much to Leigh, Dan and everybody else that helped make an event like that happen, we had a blast.

Con & Sue

• Administrators
And he said unto me......

Now remember, you need to use that in a sentence on AA before the end of the week. I laughed my arse off over that :)

- - - Updated - - -

@mickleh not mentioned too much post event. Michael is a quiet guy and you seldom know that he is there but he works his arse off, doing any job that needs to be done to get an event going, no matter how bad the job is. He also supplied the Dialed in and one if the Iron Maiden that were there. Thanks mate, you are a bloody legend.

Dave