Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Barn 2018 - 25th August

Ultra pissed that I missed this. Running well in terms of getting unlucky before anything major in the pinball world happens. Would have been nice if the 1st pharmacists gave me the licence required drugs that the 2nd one did. Still I am not sure that it would have been good to have been outside for that long. Oh well lucky I did it the 1st time.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also for donating the bbq Thanks Wazza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The least I could do. I’m just glad I came somewhere high up in the Comp. As he said unto me, it was a miracle. Thanks.

Just got back to Melbourne after an epic 2000+ km road trip. Decided to site see and stay in Gundagai and then Bright on the way back.

So glad we decided to drive the 900kms in the old beast to camp at the barn. If only we’d played more of those awesome pins instead of just drinking piss and talking shit all night. Oh well. 2 outa 3 ain’t bad :P

Gundagai farm stay

ec986f95c3885589daaceca823973b1f.jpg

Bright Brewery and Ovens River stay

7a96ee5f79b0b3c310562ed03ba9c850.jpg

2551194e3d28ed654541cd5d869a708a.jpg

Thanks again Leigh for having us.

Hey thanks heaps edy dave dan leigh for an excellent weekend. and big thanks to mark for helping me get there. I really appreciate the huge effort involved in making it happen and great to play so many machines that we don't have down here and see some old mates. and of course iron maiden... woohoo.. one of those will be arriving at my place one day. hmmm where the f is that going to go, oh well, I'll worry about that when it arrives

How is the flipper power on a virtual?. One handicap I always found on proper Gottlieb multi flipper games was the flipper strength.

I often wondered just how good these machines would have been with good, strong non Gottlieb flippers.

If it improved the game play as much as it did on a pair of Stellar Wars widebody Williams I "enhanced" the flippers on years ago, I think they would have been excellent machines.

How is the flipper power on a virtual?. One handicap I always found on proper Gottlieb multi flipper games was the flipper strength.

I often wondered just how good these machines would have been with good, strong non Gottlieb flippers.

If it improved the game play as much as it did on a pair of Stellar Wars widebody Williams I "enhanced" the flippers on years ago, I think they would have been excellent machines.

You can change it to however you want. Normally close to original but slightly stronger.

The barn ones were fine. Any stronger and things break.

You can change it to however you want. Normally close to original but slightly stronger.

The barn ones were fine. Any stronger and things break.

You know I didn't try the barn machines because I remember how they played new in the way of flipper strength.

Genie was one machine I thought had a good layout but trying to power 3 flipper coils off one switch was never a good idea.

Haunted House looked like another good layout but again, poor flippers.

Bally were better with the first flipper being fully up before attempting to power another flipper and Williams with two cabinet switches was a better idea I thought.

The whole Gottlieb flipper assembly on the series one machines, although they never broke, seemed to lack and had inherent slack in the design.

I made up a series 1 Gottlieb flipper assembly about a month ago that would be interesting to try if I get hold of a Gottlieb to try it on.

It uses the Gottlieb base plate so the playfield mount screws match up and the Gottlieb flipper coil but the rest is all Bally SS parts, ( non linear) with Williams flipper bats.

The idea was to get rid of the slack in the standard Gottlieb flipper assembly and the weight of the heavy Gottlieb flipper bat base plate and shaft.

Pascals, pascals everywhere.

One of the most satisfying shots in pinball is hitting a perfect shot off the lower flippers in Q*bert’s Quest.

Enjoyed playing that at the barn, the whole time I was playing it though I kept thinking there should be loops that feed the ball to those flippers directly.

So you could combo shots so to speak, rather than them just being drain saves.

Loved hearing the game sounds in it as well.

Wow.. Krull! Loved the movie as a kid. Never thought the pinnie ever made it into full production however. What's it like as a game?

Love my black hole.. but temperamental and always feel like I'm one flip away from something breaking. The Multiball is brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Spirit at the barn was the game that probably needed the most work out of the 100 that were there. Edy didn't have the time to go all the way through it, just get it working enough for people to have a go.

Hopefully by the time we do another meet at least one of the two that we have will be playing right.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.. Krull! Loved the movie as a kid. Never thought the pinnie ever made it into full production however. What's it like as a game?

Love my black hole.. but temperamental and always feel like I'm one flip away from something breaking. The Multiball is brilliant

Krull is on the virtual mate. They only made 10 of them (prototypes), Dan has had the privilege of having played one in the flesh though :023:

Spirit at the barn was the game that probably needed the most work out of the 100 that were there. Edy didn't have the time to go all the way through it, just get it working enough for people to have a go.

Hopefully by the time we do another meet at least one of the two that we have will be playing right.

- - - Updated - - -

Krull is on the virtual mate. They only made 10 of them (prototypes), Dan has had the privilege of having played one in the flesh though :023:

Yeah, never realised that it got further than the drawing board. Playing the virtual would be cool, playing the real thing would certainly be a privilege.