Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Daphne Issues Dragon's Lair

Hey peeps, was just wondering who has had issues with the timimg of moves on Dragon's Lair? Im running Daphne on a Retropie front end. All controlls and buttons work, but on some levels, the timing is way off.

Most of the time, I need to repeatedly hit the joystick for the move to register. If I don't and try and time it, I just can't get a move to register at all.

Anyone else have this happen? If so, did you find a solution to the problem?

Cheers!

Hey peeps, was just wondering who has had issues with the timimg of moves on Dragon's Lair? Im running Daphne on a Retropie front end. All controlls and buttons work, but on some levels, the timing is way off.

Most of the time, I need to repeatedly hit the joystick for the move to register. If I don't and try and time it, I just can't get a move to register at all.

Anyone else have this happen? If so, did you find a solution to the problem?

Cheers!

Hey Andy ! You sprung up again! :)

I'm also running Dragon's Lair on Retropie - haven't quite finished it yet still need to jog the old memory but it runs on mine without issue for timings - what version Pi have you got, and what version of the Retropie front end ?

Ha! Yeah mate, Ive started to get the gaming mojo back. Its a Pie 3, and im not to sure which Retropie front end it is. Ill have a look see. Put it this way, I haven't been able to get through the burning ropes yet! Seems to be random with inputs sometimes too. Other levels, like the rolling balls, I can do everytime just as I would in the arcade version. Space Ace is sort of the same.

The horse level is mostly unplayable unless you constantly hit the stick at high speed also.

Ha! Yeah mate, Ive started to get the gaming mojo back. Its a Pie 3, and im not to sure which Retropie front end it is. Ill have a look see. Put it this way, I haven't been able to get through the burning ropes yet! Seems to be random with inputs sometimes too. Other levels, like the rolling balls, I can do everytime just as I would in the arcade version. Space Ace is sort of the same.

The horse level is mostly unplayable unless you constantly hit the stick at high speed also.

Good news you're starting to get the gaming Mojo back :)

So it's not a question of CPU if you got a Pi3, I'm running Dragon's Lair and Space Ace on a Pi2.

I reckon it could be your joystick/gamepad input lagging. Have you got any others you can try ?

Also, it might be worth trying:

- use a different USB port on the Pi.

- setup your controller / assign keys from scratch via the retropie front end

Just for example - I have a couple I use on the Pi one is a wireless xbox 360 gamepad the other is a Wireless Logitech Rumblepad 2, no issues with these running laserdisc games. I've also used a generic ps3 clone gamepad, a pair of sh1tty gamepads that came with the pi bundle i got, also fine.

Edited by Jed