Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jokerz flipper locked on

Hey all,

I recently picked up a Jokerz that is completely working apart from the top half of the display. Booted up fine and during the first game the right flipper locked on in the upright position and has been that way since. It is definitely energised and not a mechanical issue. Only goes down when I power off the game or in attract mode. Test mode it goes back up again. Where abouts should I look first? Manual isn’t exactly as specific as a new stern one lol.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the coil locked on at all times when the power is on? If so, definitely sounds like a transistor issue. Check the manual for which transistor controls the flipper and then test it with a multimeter. Pinwiki has good instructions for how to test a transistor.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Most likely a transistor as ocyen said, but don’t overlook the coil diode. They can cause similar behaviour as you are seeing as well as intermittent ‘sticking’ depending on how they have failed.

Frist thing I would check is that the RH flipper switch isn't stuck closed. I have seen this before - especially with worn contacts on the switch - in system 11 games.

If it was, the game would exhibit what you have described. The flipper would be down in attract mode; but it would energize when starting a game, or in test mode, as the flipper relay is "enabling" the flipper circuit.