Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rock-ola 425

jmjackflash

Question

Hello all, I'm excited to have the opportunity to post to this forum.

I recently bought a Rock-Ola 425 with the hopes of restoring it. I've always wanted to restore a jukebox and I am hoping I can learn from the many experts here. I have nearly 40 years of technology and hardware experinece, although I realize that does not necessarily transfer to the restoration of any Jukebox.

The jukebox has been sitting in a person's garage for a couple of years. Before that? not sure. The machine "appears" to be in decent shape and the only thing I have done is vacuum out the cobwebs and wiped the outside chassis as much as possible. I've done my absolute best Here is what I've noticed so far.

The machine lights up and looks awesome.

The buttons do not appear to be working properly as I push them and none temporarily lock... they just push down.

There is no coin mechanism/receptor on the right side, looking into the chassis

the rotating record wheel (for lack of a better description) does not move, but the turntable spins constantly.

I have ordered the original service manual, parts list, and coin receptor for the 425.

I'd like to some feedback on any of the issues above, but at the same time I want to be patient with this machine and do what is right. I assume I will need to treat the gears since it has sat for so long. Any recommendations on what I should use or not use? If it useful I have attached some photos here.

20180303_173709.jpg.265ec52d0a4eb6b75ac6aaf8824b62b1.jpg20180303_173556.jpg.7ebd81614a54ba2efc1e533a03e1ca78.jpg20180303_173542.jpg.47b72b69eabcbc856d9630929149ce90.jpg

1 answer to this question

will help heaps when you have the manual, oh welcome to AA :023:

so with no coin mech are you adding credits manually?

The unit appears to be in rest position, like it has put a record back or the turntable is rotating because it is ready for placement of a record.

If there aren't any credits the push buttons won't latch in.

It may be out of adjustment and is waiting to turn off, regardless it should still accept record selections if their are credits.

Start from scratch and go over test/rebuild/replace everything as you go doing piece by piece.....if you up for it? but as you have mentioned, the key is patience, IMO.

Good Luck!