12 Post(s)
      Quoted
      221 Post(s)
      Australia

Any of the four

- - - Updated - - -

20180114_005109.jpg

20180114_005036.jpg

It is the red spectrum of three SMD's that have failed...

20180121_033126.jpg

I have to admit the bright yellow looks good on the Baywatch though! ... but the camera image does it no justice (looks all washed out) compared to naked eye.

Yep planning on some "customisation" of frames

Also trying DMD extender, in process atm .... keen to see what is best system for editing, of the two. Haven't learned alot about the DMDextender software as yet...

*Blues look good on Frankie, with near white as the brightest, the lightning looks cool
      *Green or Yellow for Batman looks far better than orange
      *Can make cards Red and Black on Mav

is now in the business of making
      Ice Cream

Cool

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Quoted
      221 Post(s)
      Australia

is It's nice to be important, but
      it's more important to be
      nice...

Piratey

State
      Queensland
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      27 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
      I not long finished a similar thing with a MSF... mine was a trainwreck though Lol

Do you know if his head turns? .... sometimes the unavailable head controller board is scabbed or blown... or the servo dies (and 23 spline not so common anymore)...

I too have had similar DMD Controller board issues. One of them was dead 256k rams. Thermal camera helps alot with diagnosis too. Replaced with sockets and new RAM, board has been working great.

Hang on I'll try to link the thread that has a few pics of my poor Frankie....

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...t=Frankenstein
      The head is meant to turn, mine does and those servos should be available at hobbyking or at least a suitable replacement servo I'm not sure about the controller boards though. The Frankenstein I managed to get a hold of was practically mint and just needed a good clean. I'm just putting a glass finish on the playfield (I scored one from 94 that's never had a ball roll on it) and going to install new set of plastics so it looks tidy. But the servo is there and turns the head for sure. Check hobbyking but because it's so much cheaper sometimes 1/10 times you'll get a faulty servo or something and their returns policies are not very helpful 90% cheaper for servos than other places though.

Sent from my G8141 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

is now in the business of making
      Ice Cream

Cool

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Quoted
      221 Post(s)
      Australia
      I done quite a bit of serching. Every hobby shop I went to in Adelaide said that particular arangment (airtronics or sanwa, which are the 23 spline types) are old gear and not something they have supplied in years. 24 or 25 spline no worries. I was searching hobby shops after not finding much at all online. All the overseas pinball suppliers had it listed but "out of stock". So after no hobby shops I could find had anything I ended up ordering from an RC shop in the US, a "replacment" metal gear "sanwa" servo. It's in the post but not as easy to find these days as the old threads would let us believe.... the one I ordered seems to be coming direct brand new from hong kong.

is refurbing a WCS94

Geeky

State
      Sunshine Coast
      Mentioned
      31 Post(s)
      Quoted
      86 Post(s)
      Australia

Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
      I done quite a bit of serching. Every hobby shop I went to in Adelaide said that particular arangment (airtronics or sanwa, which are the 23 spline types) are old gear and not something they have supplied in years. 24 or 25 spline no worries. I was searching hobby shops after not finding much at all online. All the overseas pinball suppliers had it listed but "out of stock". So after no hobby shops I could find had anything I ended up ordering from an RC shop in the US, a "replacment" metal gear "sanwa" servo. It's in the post but not as easy to find these days as the old threads would let us believe.... the one I ordered seems to be coming direct brand new from hong kong.
      Sorry you had so much trouble finding a replacement, I could have sent you down one.
      My frankie's head didn't turn either, tested the servo control board and it ran fine so I turned my attention to the servo. Last weekend visited a new Brisbane hobby shop and they had heaps of airtronics 24tooth (second hand) for $10, I bought 2. Please note that you will more than likely need to reconfigure the 3 wires on the servo to match the servo controller, I did even with the airtronics.
      Frankie's head now turns, happy days!

Haven't updated the progress for a week but in that time

serviced all boards, replaced soft fuse holders, reflow dry joints and replaced known problematic components.
      replace sram with nvram... no more batteries.
      Playfield top parts stripped and cleaned/waxed playfield.
      All plastics 100% in-tact, no cracks or breaks.
      replaced all incandescent lamps top/bottom replaced with leds.
      replaced broken ring on pop-bumper
      replaced all rubbers
      everything else works, just need to service flippers

can almost play my first game..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information