Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Whitewater service

Noob-A-Tron

Question

Just finished my Whitewater Restoration and @Glenn70 helped me put playfield back in last night. I have a few errors that need fixing they seem to be minor and i would like to have it serviced, Wondering if anyone can come out to Drouin Gippsland or is nearby so wont be to much out of pocket for just the trip to my house. I think it would be about 2 hours work max.

Thanks Shannan

13 answers to this question

LMAO you obviously think i have Skills.
All of us started somewhere. I knew absolutely nothing about pinballs 10 yrs ago and now am pretty confident with all repairs.

There are a bunch of people on here who are more than willing to help. Just describe the issues 1 at a time, plus any info such as if you have recently adjusted something or an error occurred during play.

Given its just been put back together its quite possible it will be an adjustment or troubleshooting minor things.

Its quite satisfying once you start to understand how these machines work and a great skill to learn.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All of us started somewhere. I knew absolutely nothing about pinballs 10 yrs ago and now am pretty confident with all repairs.

I really need to start learning, I have been very lucky with my pins so far. But I feel that is going to run out!

The other prime contender could be a mixed up connector or two, in this kind of circumstance. :)

- - - Updated - - -

The manual is your map, it tells you wire colours and thier connectors. If you play your game you get to know what it is supposed to do. Knowing the rules of the game and what it should do is a good start, so in learning that means one is already part way there. :)

I am sorry mate I didn't have to time to stay and help sort out the issues but due to busy life and distance, I had to head home. From my experience, some faults/issues can take quite a bit of time in establishing and then rectifying the problem. Fault elimination process too. I have basic knowledge and that's it. When it comes to boards, transistors, diodes and associated things, I am useless. It's actually fun to learn basic knowledge and fix things yourself but this all takes time.............time you haven't got as you want this machine up and running as it should be. As @Skybeaux suggested, give Charles a call. I hope you can get this machine up and running soon, as Im sure you will. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Much appreciated. I am so new to the workings of a PB. The WH20 has cost me alot of $$ and time (thanks Glenn70). I feel that it's no longer the kind of machine for me to tinker with. It's gone from needing demolition to an almost flawless work of art and I don't want my grubby mitts doing it an in justice. I do want to learn how to repair and mod, but I definitely learn best by watching. This machine just deserves a better touch than mine. I bought this machine in April and it's been 7 months in the waiting. Partner and I are just dying to just have some fun with it. If I go out and tinker with it, I'm likely to create more errors than the minor pre existing ones that I've got atm. Will upload photos tomorrow on Glenn70's " Restore White water for a mate" thread.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Much appreciated. I am so new to the workings of a PB. The WH20 has cost me alot of $$ and time (thanks Glenn70). I feel that it's no longer the kind of machine for me to tinker with. It's gone from needing demolition to an almost flawless work of art and I don't want my grubby mitts doing it an in justice. I do want to learn how to repair and mod, but I definitely learn best by watching. This machine just deserves a better touch than mine. I bought this machine in April and it's been 7 months in the waiting. Partner and I are just dying to just have some fun with it. If I go out and tinker with it, I'm likely to create more errors than the minor pre existing ones that I've got atm. Will upload photos tomorrow on Glenn70's " Restore White water for a mate" thread.

Completely understand mate. I am sure you will get the assistance you need and get it working 100% without faults. Just remember, due to the age of the machine, faults will come up in future too, but most likely just a few minutes to adjust the wire of a micro switch, replace a solenoid, re-insert/change a globe, a rubber or plastic, flipper kit, etc. This is very basic to do and I know you will learn. But, understandable at this stage of your experience, if you don't wish to root around with the White Water.

I remember when I started out a couple of years ago, Jamie from PSPA said to me, "if you can change a light globe and use a screwdriver, you will be right." Well not entirely true but near enough. I am pretty confident with most smaller things. Next time I attend, I will run you through some basic stuff.