Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kaneda has called it quits... for now?

Kaneda has called it quits... for now?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Kaneda has called it quits... for now?

• Yep, gone forever
    • No, there will be another podcast within a week
    • Coin Taker will give him something
    • Who Cares

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this the end of Kaneda?

new podcast is up and it could be the end of Kaneda!

for those who want to the whole enchilada

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/final-episode-my-last-podcast

the low down:

35 minute episode

Kaneda fell in love with Magic Girl

Bought a magic girl from someone for $23k

then wanted to make a shrine in his bedroom to magic girl so he made a deal with Coin Taker to buy another magic girl for $30k + $1k for delivery.

he paid $10k as a deposit then came to his senses when he realised it doesnt work and there are a bunch of working games coming out.

goes back to Chris from Coin Taker and says he wants out.

Chris says you buy or lose your deposit.

Kaneda says he got suckered, cant sell his own magic girl, coin taker only paid $16k for his, theres no market for magic girl etc..

Chris says you always bail on deals.

Kaneda gives examples of when he has bailed and got his money back (star wars, dialled in) then tries to get split his loses and asks for $5k back

Chris says no.

Kaneda calls for his listeners to mob against coin taker and ask for his money back.

no Kaneda podcasts unless he gets his money back so probably forever?

TLDR:

Kaneda makes a deal to buy another magic girl for $31k, pays $10k deposit, wants to back out, Coin Taker keeps the deposit. Kaneda is leaving pinball because he lost $10k unless people boycott Coin Taker and Coin Taker gives him his money back.

so poll, who thinks this is the end of Kaneda?

like it or not, he is part of the hobby so people are going to be interested in talking about him and his show.

i dont think very highly of him but i think he did / does contribute to the hobby. eg- the previous cast i heard guardians is being revealed next week and some of the interviews are pretty good.

like it or not, he is part of the hobby so people are going to be interested in talking about him and his show.

i dont think very highly of him but i think he did / does contribute to the hobby. eg- the previous cast i heard guardians is being revealed next week and some of the interviews are pretty good.

if the knob didnt troll this site recently, Id say 99% of us here would have never even heard of him untill that point, so not sure how he contributes, name one person here who he has helped, his podcasts are more about him than they are about anything else

@Autosteve

i dont like the way he goes about doing it - baiting people or using hearsay or just fishing and putting out misinformation to get a reaction out of people but i do still like the podcast.

outside of the ranting about not getting value in pinball and trying to raise a mob against people, he has had some very good interviews, he puts out the news and has probably been a part of the introduction to pinball for many people new to the hobby (including myself)

regarding the podcast - i wouldnt hold it against coin taker if he kept the deposit, its not different to putting down for a car or a house, a deposit is your guarantee to follow through with the purchase or compensate the buyer for his loss of time etc...

i think it would be great of coin taker to work something out with him but if it was me, i would probably have the same stance.

- - - Updated - - -

@jason1

he gets as good as he gives.

i cant speak for others but i can say that he has helped me through his podcasts in learning about pinball, the people in it (especially the designers and companies), introduction to what games are coming out. he was part of the reason i went in on my first pin (TNA)

@jason1

he gets as good as he gives.

i cant speak for others but i can say that he has helped me through his podcasts in learning about pinball, the people in it (especially the designers and companies), introduction to what games are coming out. he was part of the reason i went in on my first pin (TNA)

he cant take it as good as he gives. the guy sooks like a little bitch on his podcast with 2 hour rants when he gets hammered.

there are plenty of other pinball podcasts who give the same info he does, and better with those other pinball podcasts you dont have to listen to some guy talking him self up, or sulking for 2 hours to get the little bit of useful info. He attacks like a pitbull then goes into victim mode when he gets attacked back. he is that guy who finds the smallest guy in the pub, punches him in the face then cries when he gets bashed by that guy he hit.

I havent heard a single thing that is useful on his podcasts I couldn't have already found on a forum. Like i said 99% of us here up untill a couple months ago when he came here and started trolling didnt know of the knob, yet we lived managed perfectly fine with out him, infact it was a hell of allot better, you may have noticed how much grief he caused this forum. this forum has been a pretty damn cruisy forum up until he came along and threw a spanner in the wheel and its been a shit storm since then

I dont care if he makes pod casts or not, but it would be nice not to have more threads about the tool for a little while

Edited by jason1

@grimnim, Top 10 draft pick.

maybe theres room now for another podcast?

split flipper pinball podcast, me and a rotating guest host summarise the news, drama, goss and all the 2 hour podcasts into a 30min block. competitions each week for best split flipper scores and alike

split flipper pinball podcast, me and a rotating guest host summarise the news, drama, goss and all the 2 hour podcasts into a 30min block. competitions each week for best split flipper scores and alike

remove the drama and I'll listen.

sounds like someones put their hand up for the first co-host

okay I'm ready!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118616[/ATTACH]

*that escalated quickly haha*

not really my thing, but thanks for the thought, there would be better candidates for that here

Wow that's so insane, $31,000. That's a fair deposit he put down, we all put deposits down to hold things but that's alot of money to loose, I'm totally oblivious to the pinball scene but I take it that the pin he wants to buy is being imported hence the high deposit and why the seller is refusing refund now?

I reckon I know who you are and your mate Ryza may have something to say about that.... :-)

I reckon I know who you are and your mate Ryza may have something to say about that.... :-)

haha ryza already has a podcast.

anyway, i hope you didn’t get your hopes up, Kaneda is already back and there’s going to be a 3rd podcast probably wednesday.

my dreams of being podcast famous are shattered.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

So let me get this straight he buys a Magic girl thinking he can make a profit but because the magic girl he already owns isnt selling lol, he then realizes maybe he cant make a profit on the other magic girl but because no one wants to buy the magic girl he already owns so he cancels the order and demands a refund, the refund is refused so he quits the hobby. makes a rant of a Podcast saying he quits the hobby and how pinball is dead, now 5 hours later no longer quitting the hobby, lol

He already knew the stupid pin didnt work, He has bitched about it since it came out, then went and bought not one but two anyways, lol ahaha,

what a brain dead idiot.

And news flash to Kenada thats the whole point of a deposit, so if you cancel it you loose it. Who cares what the mark up is, you agreed to it so buy it or loose your money.

they are business after all.

Well at least he gets to keep talking about him self and telling us how good he is again now he is making podcasts. Maybe his psycho theosophist told him it would be good to find an avenue to vent his feelings lol

well time to rate the tread.

Edited by jason1