Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Delid kit or someone with a 3-d printer?

Hi All.

Going to build a Mini ITX for my gaming sim, the biggest issue is effective cooling.

Delidding will sort that out, but was checking first if anyone has one, either der8auer Die Mate 2 or ROCKIT 88.

Failing that, does someone have a 3-d printer that could print this out for me, happy to pay costs and postage :

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/intel-kaby-lake-delid-tool

looks like you need to print at least with 3 perimeters and 30% infill or strongly recommended to print with high-impact material like PLA at 0,1mm layerheight or less and very high infill

Cheers

5hrs 25mins later it's done. It didn't even need cleaning up. @Savage send me your postage details and I'll get it posted on Monday.

Cheers Trevc44636b9bbca2434b46a07a408111742.jpg7e00e46c5da13bd4b44b785f559b715b.jpga08d003326e33ba8390c0c9783eb3d01.jpg464be2c0bc199586f0dda005ede38a92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Your a bloody champ thanks mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice job Trev, Saw the post and thought Yer Ill print that, then I look and see you had already done it ahaha.

Appreciate it.

I'll have to get one, one of these days.

But always undecided on this type of the Paper type the glue each layer etc...

Neo Geo uses a deeper socket for the DB15 connector, so stamdard plugs don't insert in far enough to make pin contact.

This pic here highlights the length of the Neo DB15:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDmnSbArgw0EdqGH5q__tlPAad28qbBirUYh_-HRe8if3jOHIKKaoNI08K

That might be a bit difficult.

There's aftermarket ones available so someone has worked something out, don't think they're 3D printed though.

I just hack up regular db15s but would prefer a more graceful solution.

I'll have a think about it but I'm not making any promises.

Hi All.

Going to build a Mini ITX for my gaming sim, the biggest issue is effective cooling.

Delidding will sort that out, but was checking first if anyone has one, either der8auer Die Mate 2 or ROCKIT 88.

Failing that, does someone have a 3-d printer that could print this out for me, happy to pay costs and postage :

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/intel-kaby-lake-delid-tool

looks like you need to print at least with 3 perimeters and 30% infill or strongly recommended to print with high-impact material like PLA at 0,1mm layerheight or less and very high infill

Cheers

Let us know how u go with it please! What chip u deliding? What liquid metal did u go with?

It arrived today,. Thanks Big Trev.

Waiting on the thermal paste.

It's going to be used in my mini itx build, but Lawyer costs for an ongoing dispute with my builder is taking my $$.

So will use it on my current set up, but hope to get an air cooler, that will be used in the itx build.

Getting a good small air cooler is harder than it sounds, well getting a good one that is.

Was going to get the Big Shuriken Rev B air cooler, but very hard to get in Aus.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...