Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

RFM Pinball Update Help.

Genie

Hey fellow AAers,

The last RFM I owned was updated with the latest code with some help from an AA member but cant remember who it was being 6-7 years ago. The RFM I own now has the old code without the update with the ball saves, loops etc.

Is there anyone on here that can email me or post the step by step instructions of how I do the update on it? Please please it would be very much appreciated :)

I remember it had to be done by via a PC & cable but that's all I know as when it comes to computers I happy to admit I am pretty average with my knowledge :lol.

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.:cool:

Cheers

Troy AKA Genie tspinballcollector@bigpond.com

Its fairly straight forward.

You will need either a laptop or pc with a serial port.

A null modem cable (9 pin serial to 9 pin serial)

Program software (available on the net, or I can provide if you cant find)

Firmware 1.6 was the last one they made.

Once you have these simply plug laptop into the connector at the front inside door, run the programming software and load firmware.

Can use a USB to serial adaptor also if needed. I did this earlier this year. It’s pretty simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah just looked at them on ebay, good idea so ordered one.......So this will enable me to download straight from the laptop through to the RFM pinball wont it? Thanks for your help.

Its fairly straight forward.

You will need either a laptop or pc with a serial port.

A null modem cable (9 pin serial to 9 pin serial)

Program software (available on the net, or I can provide if you cant find)

Firmware 1.6 was the last one they made.

Once you have these simply plug laptop into the connector at the front inside door, run the programming software and load firmware.

Thanks for your help, Ok looks like I can use a USB to 9 pin serial cable and download straight from laptop to RFM, If you could email me software link or actual software that would be awesome!! Is there any special menu area on pinball I go to or just plug and run software?

Cheers much appreciated.