Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VP and SPIKE emulation

I noticed on the monsterbashpincab site that Ghostbusters is coming soon for download.

After a bit of GB thread digging, it seems like Tom Tower and others are somehow utilising some of the SPIKE code found in the Stern Arcade release of Ghostbusters and has managed to make it work with Visual Pinball.

@JustAnotherRat is there any chat about this on the VPAddicts page that you are aware of - if SPIKE can now be emulated in VP ???

I noticed on the monsterbashpincab site that Ghostbusters is coming soon for download.

After a bit of GB thread digging, it seems like Tom Tower and others are somehow utilising some of the SPIKE code found in the Stern Arcade release of Ghostbusters and has managed to make it work with Visual Pinball.

@JustAnotherRat is there any chat about this on the VPAddicts page that you are aware of - if SPIKE can now be emulated in VP ???

So the deal is that the .dll they are using is from the Pinball Arcade. Unfortunately Spike hasn't been cracked, but there is a .dll for Ghostbusters and another that is suspected as being for Whoa Nellie. So other tables such as Game of Thrones and WWE won't be available unless Pinball Arcade release them and don't change the method they have used for Ghostbusters. They are suggesting that people install the Pinball Arcade and grad the required files.

There is information on the build thread on the monsterbashpincab site. http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/ghostbuster-stern-vpx/

Thanks, that's good news. I can't see why stern would change the way they have emulated spike for GB it would just be more development work. Even though vpf supposedly has an agreement with stern not to post stern remakes, all other sites have posted them for years with no blowback. If they were really worried about vp they'd do more to restrict code access i reckon. ..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app