Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Super Mario Odyssey Switch.

So who's picking up Mario Odyssey today? I pre-ordered the Odyssey Switch bundle from JB and just got a notification to say it has been delivered. Yay!

I always said I would buy a Switch when the new Mario game dropped. Super keen to check it out this weekend. Won't have much time though. Picking up a pinball tonight, setting that up, playing in the QLD pinball open tomorrow and season 2 of Stranger Things also comes out tonight.

What a weekend! :)

Pretty much guaranteed a better model will come out in time, I reckon. So waiting might be a good idea. Nintendo always releases new models of consoles that are successful. Look at the DS and 3DS line :) The Switch is going gangbusters at the moment and shows no signs of slowing down, so i reckon a redesign would be on the cards in the future.

OK I went and bought a SWITCH ODYSSEY bundle. Wasn't going to but I love Mario games.

I thought I would just set it up and see if it worked okay. Well it set up in less than 10minutes.

I then said I would just do one level on Odyssey, 2 1/2 hours later and I remember now why Nintendo is the BEST in games.

I love my first person shooters and the like, but this game is just magical.

For starters I have used Crappy ( you'll see ) to be a chainchomper and dinosaur. Also used to attack and turn on various things.

Also finding heaps of hidden things which Mario games do better than no other.

It is a truly wonderful experience to play a familiar but different version of an ever impressive, family friendly, magical and just plain fun franchise.

I have no regrets of the Switch just based on this one game

I am a young gamer again!

OK I went and bought a SWITCH ODYSSEY bundle. Wasn't going to but I love Mario games.

I thought I would just set it up and see if it worked okay. Well it set up in less than 10minutes.

I then said I would just do one level on Odyssey, 2 1/2 hours later and I remember now why Nintendo is the BEST in games.

I love my first person shooters and the like, but this game is just magical.

For starters I have used Crappy ( you'll see ) to be a chainchomper and dinosaur. Also used to attack and turn on various things.

Also finding heaps of hidden things which Mario games do better than no other.

It is a truly wonderful experience to play a familiar but different version of an ever impressive, family friendly, magical and just plain fun franchise.

I have no regrets of the Switch just based on this one game

I am a young gamer again!

This game is pure joy. That's the best way I can describe it. Everything feels just perfect and it's so incredibly fun to play. I have collected 55 moons and am totally hooked.

This game is pure joy. That's the best way I can describe it. Everything feels just perfect and it's so incredibly fun to play. I have collected 55 moons and am totally hooked.

I imagine it is ☺

Nintendo perfected 3d platforming with mario64 and it just doesn't get old

Haven't played much of it yet, but so far it's reminiscent of Banjo-Tooie (probably the best platformer in existence) with the way you're constantly finding hidden secrets that are actually useful.

Anyone notice the Mabe Village remix in the Cascade Kingdom???

Okay, they repeated the same mistake they made with Breath of the Wild. It should NOT be possible to finish the game by completing 20-30% of it. Actually, this is worse than BOTW, since there's a huge chunk of stuff you actually CAN'T do until after you've beaten Bowser.

Okay, they repeated the same mistake they made with Breath of the Wild. It should NOT be possible to finish the game by completing 20-30% of it. Actually, this is worse than BOTW, since there's a huge chunk of stuff you actually CAN'T do until after you've beaten Bowser.

games are too big these days. good to have say 100 stars to collect. few secrets thrown in is ok. just make the game harder so it gets the same playtime. more challenging gameplay rather than challenges in quantity.