Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

San Francisco Pinball Museum

Hi there,

I noticed in the "sticky" a reference to the Las Vegas Pinball Museum, but I couldn't find same for the one in San Francisco.

I'm heading over to San Francisco for Easter 2018 and wondered if anyone had any tips?

Lots of great places to visit, but I'm going to start here:

https://www.pacificpinball.org/

Kenny

I've made the thread for the Pacific Pinball Museum sticky. But I don't think that's a long-term solution. What we really need is a sticky post that lists all the famous pinball places in the world by country. E.g. Pacific Pinball Museum, Dutch Pinball Museum, Banning Pinball Museum, Sunshine Laundromat, etc.

Ideally, the list would include at least a link to each of those places, so people can find out about location, opening hours, phone number etc.

Anyone around who would like to curate such a list and keep it up to date?

Michi.

I've made the thread for the Pacific Pinball Museum sticky. But I don't think that's a long-term solution. What we really need is a sticky post that lists all the famous pinball places in the world by country. E.g. Pacific Pinball Museum, Dutch Pinball Museum, Banning Pinball Museum, Sunshine Laundromat, etc.

Ideally, the list would include at least a link to each of those places, so people can find out about location, opening hours, phone number etc.

Anyone around who would like to curate such a list and keep it up to date?

Michi.

That sounds like a job for a wiki (or if someone could be arsed writing one, a specific db with web interface, like thecrag.com but for pinball).

There's already things like https://pinballmap.com too. I've never really looked at it much though because it's very US centric.

• Like 1

I'm heading over to San Francisco for Easter 2018 and wondered if anyone had any tips?

Musée Mécanique is worth checking out. Only a few Pinball's there, but tons of other interesting stuff.

Also go to Free Gold Watch. Nice collection of machines there in excellent condition.

Check for other venues in the Pinfinder app; there are plenty. Alamo Drafthouse cinema has 12 machines, including a Big Lebowski.

Michi.

• Administrators

Agreed that a wiki is the best place for it. We DO have one but unfortunately despite several people requesting and being granted access to edit, I've been the only serious content writer.

Brad

• Administrators
Agreed that a wiki is the best place for it. We DO have one but unfortunately despite several people requesting and being granted access to edit, I've been the only serious content writer.

Brad

That's a real shame mate, you put a lot of effort into that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi well I'm just back from spending Easter in San Francisco - WOW.

Firstly, there is a Burger King (Hungry Jacks) steps away from the famous corner of Powell and Market St where they turn the Cable Cars and inside there this BK were 3 arcade machines. Unfortunately I didn't gather any additional intel such as names but great to see them!

Secondly, Musée Mécanique at Pier 45 at Fisherman's Wharf was great! I found one of my most favorite arcade machines from the 70s there called Sprint. I haven't played that game for ... 30 years. While I 'got back on my bicycle' with this game and played it several times, a little crowd gathered around me, one whispering to my wife, "he was from the era wasn't he..."

Here are some extra photos from the weekend.913077331_1aInfo.thumb.JPG.b0d2eefd7b3b8089bf9897452093addc.JPG780049660_4EMUpperDeck.thumb.JPG.c20d548239148e0e036a4ae75f3ad174.JPG7605372_6SpaceInvaders.thumb.JPG.5f0da3034c88028cb66e9e79d52acdc0.JPG1623497200_13Sprint.thumb.JPG.dac94d3c127ae341e2a3b36e164d07d9.JPG2141366056_19Misc.thumb.JPG.f9ebbe45486f628ba519c19f28fffac1.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 years later...