Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AV media player (video + music) / jukebox / party mode DJ etc ?

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right section, but probably the closest based on the multimedia topic of this post.

Just looking for opinion, recommendations, thoughts, links, recommendations and otherwise on what I should be looking at for something which does most of the below (long list I know). I was going to look at Kodi but before I do I want to hear from others that have done this and see what else is out there. If Kodi is it then suggestions on plug-ins and other things people use with it would be ideal. If something doesnt do all the below then something which is close enough will do, but definitely want something more than just a jukebox app / software.

By the way if there are other forums dedicated to this that people know about let me know where I should go looking.

Requirements:

- Overall / general

- Multiple capabilities in single application, plug-ins, community development, support etc

- Want to be able to have multimedia and music at same time / multiple outputs ie. movie in media room, music / DJ app outdoors (need multiple outputs, then I can then manage AV stuff). maybe simultaneous dual video output (2 types of media output from catalog ie. movie + netflix) is pushing it but maybe ..

- intuitive GUI and easy navigation through multimedia, apps, etc

- PC based, Rasberry Pi etc.

- Suggestions / Recommendations engine based on viewing profile

- Ability to control some functions via seperate touchscreen / tablet (limited interface), think party song selection / waitlist in DJ mode etc

- Video

- Ability to download / catalog media and import ratings/synopsis, view trailers etc from IMDB / rotten tomatos etc

- Ability to manage media / acquire like shows (have a look at "sickbeard" for instance)

- Manage what has been watched vs what hasnt, tv series etc.

- Integration with Youtube, Netflix, and other internet sources

- Music / Audio

- Capable of handling audio + music videos

- Jukebox / DJ / playlist / random party setting functions

- Ability to manage media / genre's (the more automatic the better ie. not have ot catalog every single mp3 metadata)

- maybe Karaoke capability with appropriate media with words etc (not mandatory)

Setup

- Media most likely stored on NAS / network and no local storage needed

- HDMI output for any video

Non mandatory

- Anything with integration / API's for Control4 is a plus

- Anything that can be controlled by app on tablet / touch screen, maybe even stream direct to app on tablet over wifi

Also if you have other things / requirements you either have built, have or look for let me know.

thanks

• Administrators

Yeah, there's plenty of products that do some of that but I don't know of any that do all, especially at the media management level.

I mean Plex is a good start but it doesn't do tagging or anything for music that I'm aware of and pretty sure no karaoke but it ticks all the boxes for video.

A few jukebox programs out there will handle everything except for the tagging management aspect as well.

I do not know of an all in one solution that checks every box.

Brad