Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Where to source Filter MOV & NTC for Fish Tales power box rebuild

Claude

Question

After revisiting my dead Fish Tales after 6+ years, I believe I need to pretty much rebuild the power box and in particular replace the EMI Filter, Varistor and Thermistor and maybe even the fuse holder from what I read somewhere and based on the advise I was given way back.

Filter is shorted across active and neutral on line side, thermistor reads 10 ohms (should be around 2.5 I guess) and the varistor is probably Ok but will replace.

@Johns-Arcade shows out of stock for their Homepin 5 Pack, not sure if the sell or have a single set but will wait for a response to my message.

Any other suggestions for sourcing locally, in particular the Thermistor, as the others I seem to be able to source from Jaycar (MS4001 for plastic cased Filter and RN3404 Varistor). Metal filter would be nice but not sure of the advantages.

Plenty of metal cased filters on eBay but not 100% sure which ones are compatible.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

After revisiting my dead Fish Tales after 6+ years, I believe I need to pretty much rebuild the power box and in particular replace the EMI Filter, Varistor and Thermistor and maybe even the fuse holder from what I read somewhere and based on the advise I was given way back.

Filter is shorted across active and neutral on line side, thermistor reads 10 ohms (should be around 2.5 I guess) and the varistor is probably Ok but will replace.

@Johns-Arcade shows out of stock for their Homepin 5 Pack, not sure if the sell or have a single set but will wait for a response to my message.

Any other suggestions for sourcing locally, in particular the Thermistor, as the others I seem to be able to source from Jaycar (MS4001 for plastic cased Filter and RN3404 Varistor). Metal filter would be nice but not sure of the advantages.

Plenty of metal cased filters on eBay but not 100% sure which ones are compatible.

Thanks.

Hi Claude,

I sent you a reply this morning, but just realised you used a non-reply email address :)

Not to worry, I have stock of both the filters and MOV/NTC's

https://www.johns-arcade.com/product-page/test

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Hi Claude,

I sent you a reply this morning, but just realised you used a non-reply email address :)

Not to worry, I have stock of both the filters and MOV/NTC's

https://www.johns-arcade.com/product-page/test

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Will check out the non-reply email issue, not sure why it’s happing. Do you mean through AA or direct email?

And you sneaky bugger, you must have updated your store as I’ve only been able to see the out of stock 5 packs till just now :lol

Am placing the order now :D

Will check out the non-reply email issue, not sure why it’s happing. Do you mean through AA or direct email?

And you sneaky bugger, you must have updated your store as I’ve only been able to see the out of stock 5 packs till just now :lol

Am placing the order now :D

Yes I did (new stock arrived last week) :D

- - - Updated - - -

Got your order, it will go out today.

Thanks!

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.