Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

ocyen's second official meet

Let's do it again!

I had a great time meeting and playing pinball with some new and old friends at my first meet. I also just finished reading the thread where all of the Melbourne guys agreed to have more regular meets. Fantastic stuff. So, I've decided to do it again. Same format as last time. All welcome. This will be another casual meet, so stay as long or as little as you like and play as much or as little as you like.

What: casual pinball meet at my place. Machines to play include:

- The Getaway (freshly back from Pinfest)

- Fish Tales

- Johnny Mnemonic

- Judge Dredd

- Demolition Man

- Daytona USA twin cab

When: 4 November from 13:00 until late afternoon. As far as I know, this date doesn't clash with any leagues, comps, or other big events around Sydney.

Who: All welcome! If you haven't been to my place or I haven't interacted with you on the forums before, please let me know your name and number. Please post in this thread if you would like to come so I can work out numbers.

Where: St Helens Park, NSW (Macarthur area). Address will be provided closer to the date.

Also: I will put some snacks and drinks on. If you have anything you'd like to drink in particular, feel free to BYO.

Hope to see some new (and old) faces!

Alex

cool, count me in, will be there around 2:00 :)

Awesome Tony, come around whenever suits.

I was down the road from your house yesterday at my son's birthday party we had at Paintball.

Would be good to catch up again.

Should have popped in for a few games on your way home Steve! By the way, I still have your bag of drinks sitting in the garage, so you're already set!

Bummer, can't make it this time :(

No worries Trev, next time :)

hey Ocyen, I'm very interested as the day after Im headed for a bit of down time at the beach. If I can sort some cheap digs overnight count me in!

Z

PS Ive been off the AA scene for a good while so it's a pleasant surprise to see you hosting meets. VCP still is going strong with meet #33 last week and our first regular, monthly, IFPA endorsed event starting in Canberra on 13/11/2017.

Still plenty of space for anyone else who wants to come along next weekend.

@maxi @G

Thanks Alex! Unfortunately I have my last Hsc exam on the 6th, so I may have to pass on this one, but I will sure make it to the third official meet :redface :)

Looks like it will be good fun

Max

hey Ocyen, I'm very interested as the day after Im headed for a bit of down time at the beach. If I can sort some cheap digs overnight count me in!

Z

PS Ive been off the AA scene for a good while so it's a pleasant surprise to see you hosting meets. VCP still is going strong with meet #33 last week and our first regular, monthly, IFPA endorsed event starting in Canberra on 13/11/2017.

Mate, I'd be honoured to be host to VCP royalty for the day! Hope you can make it :)

Thanks Alex! Unfortunately I have my last Hsc exam on the 6th, so I may have to pass on this one, but I will sure make it to the third official meet :redface :)

Looks like it will be good fun

Max

No worries Max; next time!

@ocyen I'm trying to line my mate up that came to PinFest with me and also went to Railways with me if that is OK.

Not real sure as he works Saturdays but sometimes clients cancel as he says and his area is your region.

P.S. that bag of drinks was left intentionally for you and your better half as thanks for putting on such a great day and supplying such outstanding machines for members to play.

Any members party I go to I will always bring something for the hosts.

I figure it is the least I can do.

What do you and you misses drink so I know for this time?.

A bottle of wine I was thinking but what type?.

See you Saturday.

@ocyen I'm trying to line my mate up that came to PinFest with me and also went to Railways with me if that is OK.

Not real sure as he works Saturdays but sometimes clients cancel as he says and his area is your region.

P.S. that bag of drinks was left intentionally for you and your better half as thanks for putting on such a great day and supplying such outstanding machines for members to play.

Any members party I go to I will always bring something for the hosts.

I figure it is the least I can do.

What do you and you misses drink so I know for this time?.

A bottle of wine I was thinking but what type?.

See you Saturday.

All good Steve, the more the merrier. Let me know if he can make it.

Much appreciated mate, but no need to bring anything just for us! I like to put things out for guests to enjoy so you are welcome to contribute whatever you like to that :)

Hey Alex @ocyen,

Thank you for the invite but I won't be able to attend this time around. Disappointing as it sounds like it will be a cracker!

Please let me know if you plan any other meets in future and I'll lock it in early.

Cheers,

Scott.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thanks to all those who came along for a play yesterday. I seem to have a habit of organising these meets on cold days - hopefully it'll be a bit warmer next time!

It was great to meet a few new people and see familiar faces again. Hope you will all be able to make it to meets in the future :)

A couple of machine issues reared their heads. The plunger on Getaway stopped working due to a broken solder joint on the transistor board under the playfield. Soldered reflowed and good to go again. Judge Dredd had some trough issues caused by 2 dead opto transmitters. Never had 2 optos die on me at once before, but there's a first time for everything I guess!

All other machines lasted the distance, which was good. Daytona got a few plays as well.

The next meet is pencilled in for sometime late January. Watch this space :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 6 months later...