Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mazda RX8 6sp Manual - for sale - Let's talk around $5k

Very reluctant and emotional sale. I am looking for an enthusiast who will respect this fantastic car. It is my late wife's pride and joy and she looked after it like it was new, every day. We bought the car when it was about three years old.

DETAILS:

2004, Mazda RX8 with factory upgrade pack that included leather, Bose stereo, HID headlights and driving lights among other extras

Black with red/black leather upholstery

6 speed manual with Bose stereo system (factory)

Tyres 80%

New windscreen about 1000km ago (had several large chips)

New rear shocks

New fuel pump and filter about 2000km ago

Full aluminium radiator with new overflow bottle

Full front to back, sports exhaust with new CAT (original system can be included if buyer wants)

New plugs/coils and leads about 300km ago and a full spare set included

Factory rear spoiler

I believe the mileage to be around 67000km but haven't looked recently - the car has been driven briefly once a fortnight for the past two years by a friend to keep it running.

QLD registered - expires late December. Currently has personalised plates that are not included with the sale.

Buyer will be responsible for transport, roadworthy and rego transfer as I am not around to deal with that. Located near Cairns in FNQ. Currently registered in my name with no encumbrance

Car has the usual small paint scuffs and a few small "car park" dings but otherwise is very straight and in overall very good condition.

I have just been told the air-con has stopped getting cold, this is very likely from lack of use and a re-gas will probably sort this out. The headlights will need a polish with Novus as they are starting to haze a little but Novus fixes this for six months or more.

Please PM with sensible suggestions but only if you are rotary savvy and will appreciate this vehicle. I'm not looking for a lot of money, LET'S START TALKING AROUND $5,000, but I am looking for someone who "cares" about a car that is different to all the others out there because that is what Karen would want. It's listed on Gumtree but I only expect stupid enquiries and scammers from there. There isn't much point me keeping the car as I'm not around to use it and probably won't be anytime soon.

Thanks for reading.

(the red car with doors open is to show how the doors operate but the interior is the same colour leather scheme in this car).

rx8.jpg.e0a6dc8f68967a943ead4ba83b3dcaf9.jpg

rx8a.thumb.jpg.d8fafc5b7f6ab900c6281ca478142817.jpg

rx8b.jpg.04d8457a4cc59ff745f1d23468b73988.jpg

rx8c.jpg.6d7839ce41c7ff6175a83d887f4bf2a6.jpg

rx8doors.jpg.9446d24af678f85d8bf56daf20875bcf.jpg

Edited by Homepin

• Administrators

Mike, You need to put a price on this in the general sale section. Asking for offers is OK in your sponsor section but not in general sales.

Can be an ONO price if you are willing to negotiate down. Nice thing for a rotary fan, sporty.

Dave

That's a good price for a low kms 6sp man. that hasn't been flogged by a P plater. One of the best handling sports cars

For that money it would be a good candidate for a Honda K series motor swap

It doesn't need an engine - it runs perfectly.

That's a good price for a low kms 6sp man. that hasn't been flogged by a P plater. One of the best handling sports cars

For that money it would be a good candidate for a Honda K series motor swap

This make no sense to me at all...why would you even consider doing a K swap to a rx8?

Many thanks for the quick reply and info.

GLWS.

Regards,

Ray

Yes Ray, rotaries are not for everyone - you really need to be an enthusiast with a bent towards them (I am and Karen was as well - we had over 30 rotaries over 40 years).

Yes Ray, rotaries are not for everyone - you really need to be an enthusiast with a bent towards them (I am and Karen was as well - we had over 30 rotaries over 40 years).

Until you've driven a rotary or better yet, worked on one, you can't appreciate just how awesome they are. Once you do, you never forget it, it's unlike anything else you could ever possibly hope to drive :)

This is a great example, if you haven't already Mike, can I suggest posting it for sale on Ausrotary?

Until you've driven a rotary or better yet, worked on one, you can't appreciate just how awesome they are. Once you do, you never forget it, it's unlike anything else you could ever possibly hope to drive :)

This is a great example, if you haven't already Mike, can I suggest posting it for sale on Ausrotary?

"You must have been a member for 30 days before you may post in this forum."

My account is still active it looks like - I haven't posted there in about 3 years (since I sold my RX-7) but I should still be able to repost your ad with permission

Sounds great - thanks - maybe ensure my email is in the ad - sales@homepin.com

The rules also state the header of the post must start with [QLD] which makes sense OH: - and please change the price to 6K as 5K was for AA forum members.