Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Melbourne Meet Saturday 4th November

Hi all,

Well, it’s happening again! It’s time to hold another meet at our place.

So, prepare yourself for round 2 of the ghoulish get together that is:

attachment.php?attachmentid=118230&d=1508570819

Going with the Halloween theme, Elvira* herself will be making a return visit to be our hostess for the evening!

This get together is about having fun playing pinball. I’m not interested in running a competition, but if someone else wants to organise one and run it, I’m fine with that, so long as the machines are available to all.

When:

Saturday 4th November, 2017. Note that the 4th is part of the Melbourne Cup unofficial long weekend, so interested to know who will be available for this?

This is only 2 weeks away!

Time:

4pm till late (No kids with us, so party on!)

Option:

We could do also Saturday 11th November if numbers are limited for the 4th. That’s 3 weeks away. It’s also not part of the Melbourne Cup weekend, for those taking Monday off.

Can people let me know if they have a preferred date out of these 2 dates?

Where:

Croydon area of Vic. Will send out the address closer to the date.

Food/drinks:

Pizzas and snacks provided, as well as soft drinks. I will have some beer available, but BYO your own brand, as well a spirits etc. if that’s your thing.

Pins to play:

• MM – Medieval Madness (original – does that make a difference?)
  • AFM - Attack from Mars (original as well)
  • TZ – Twilight Zone
  • TOTAN – Tales of the Arabian Nights
  • TOM – Theatre of Magic
  • SS – Scared Stiff
  • IJPOA - – Indiana Jones (Willams)
  • BOP – Bride of Pinbot
  • Pinbot - (is there an abbreviation for Pinbot?)

There may be an unveiling of another game on the night, but keep it on the DL peeps...

I don't have any arcade cabs. If you have an arcade or a pin you’d like to bring along, let me know so I can organise some space.

Who can come?

There’s not a whole lot of space in the ‘Pin Room’, but both Pinbot and his Bride, and Indy, are located in the lounge, so a bit more space available there. We will probably need to limit to about 20 – but will see how the response goes.

Judging from the last few meets, people usually have a few games, then have a chat, so we should be OK.

As this is our home, I’m most comfortable with inviting people we’ve met, or have attended the last few meets. If you’ve been around a while and not attended a meet, that’s OK too. If we’ve met at a meet and I just don’t remember (quite possible!), add your name to the list. If we haven’t met, and you want to attend, shoot me a message and we’ll go from there.

We have a patio area that we can use as extra space if required. People can come and go from the house, and the kitchen/dinning area is right next to the patio for food/socializing.

Our house is fully wheelchair accessible, including a bathroom, so if you or your significant other have any mobility or other issues, don’t let that stop you. Happy to discuss your particular needs – I’m sure we’ll have them covered!

Partners / wives / special friends / girlfriends (don’t mess up and invite both!) also welcome.

No promises, but if we find time, we may have a go at creating some name tags again.

Meet Rules

• Drinking is welcome but please drink responsibly. We want everyone to make it home safely, so they can get to the next meet!
  • If a machine breaks or stops working, please let me know ASAP. Please don’t keep playing if there’s a piece of metal dragging across the playfield or similar. There’s not much I can’t do to get the game up and running again.

Below are a few reviews from guests who attended last year’s event:

Bret Michaels – Lead singer of Hair band from the eighties ‘Poison’:

Dude! Awsome event! I really enjoyed it! And so did my hair!

attachment.php?attachmentid=118237&d=1508575144

Reggie Dwight Jnr, nephew of Elton John:

It was better than attending one of Uncle Elton’s concerts! And I didn’t have to do ‘cuddle time’ afterwards!

attachment.php?attachmentid=118236&d=1508575144

Jill Quattro, younger sister of Suzi Quattro:

Just as much fun as those old Aussie parties with Suzi, but this time I was able to keep my clothes on!

attachment.php?attachmentid=118235&d=1508575144

So come along and see if you agree!

I will mention those that I’ve met over the last few years. If your name doesn’t appear here, apologies! Please let me know you would like to attend if you are not mentioned.

Any AA interstaters are also welcome – just send me a PM.

@Cursed & Moyra

@tas_tig3r

@Ryza

@mckie1 & @Batman Fan

@gum & Cathy

@toads & @Fairground

@Hashman

@GORGAR 1

@Genie

@Manny65

@markandsophie

@felixthadog

@RGR

@PinballGod

@Pinmem

@ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma - or something......

@DirtyDaz

@Jesder

@Grimlock

@hotty

@markandsophie

@Skywalker

@wiredoug

@markc

@ddstoys

@Glenn70

@Que200

@Koops

Any queries, let me know.

Cheers,

Mike.

*May or may not be the actual Elvira.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the invite but atm it looks like I can't make it as wife just out of hospital and would need to find someone to take my place and........and don't ask how I did it as I was real stupid.....but I think I broke my right pinball finger on Thursday. So play pins not so pleasurable.

If things turn out better and places not filled, I'll let you know of me coming. Thanks again though.

Btw Nov 11th is a big melb comp weekend so some may not be able to make it.

Hi Mike & Shazz.

Joanne is sad she won't be able to attend as she will be looking after our 9 mth old. She has said I should come with one of our boys (decisions decisions [emoji23])

Thank you both for the invite. Please put us down for two.

Cheers and will be great to see you both again.

Does Shazz want me to bring the lap warmer [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the invite Mike. Would love to attend as that's my weekend off. Let me know if I can bring some home made tucker. A cake, nice salad, my famous trifle, whatever. It's no problem at all.

Hi Mike & Shazz.

Joanne is sad she won't be able to attend as she will be looking after our 9 mth old. She has said I should come with one of our boys (decisions decisions [emoji23])

Thank you both for the invite. Please put us down for two.

Cheers and will be great to see you both again.

Does Shazz want me to bring the lap warmer [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Mike & Shazz.

Thanks for the invite. I'll be available for the 4th so am rsvping if it's on for that night.

But if you have it on the 11th I won't be able to make it as I'll be at the Melbourne Matchplay event that's on that same night.

Are we doing dress up again?

Hi guys,

Looks like i can confirm it's the 4th as that's what suiting people.

Glenn - whatever you'd like to bring would be appreciated. Famous trifle huh? :cool:

Dave - will be great to catch up. Might be a bit far for the furry hot water bottle..... :laugh: Say hi to Joanne for us. Pick your 'favourite' child to bring! :redface

Fab - dressing up is optional, but we'll be running the Halloween theme. Not like you need an excuse to dress up...... :o

Mike.

Hi guys,

Looks like i can confirm it's the 4th as that's what suiting people.

Glenn - whatever you'd like to bring would be appreciated. Famous trifle huh? :cool:

Dave - will be great to catch up. Might be a bit far for the furry hot water bottle..... :laugh: Say hi to Joanne for us. Pick your 'favourite' child to bring! :redface

Fab - dressing up is optional, but we'll be running the Halloween theme. Not like you need an excuse to dress up...... :o

Mike.

Hey Mike, both myself and the one and only Jill Quatro @Fairground would love the opportunity to catch up again.

We're in:)

Haha, love the intro post Mike.

Please put Moyra and I down to attend, I have not told her yet but I am sure she will be fine. If not ill let you know.

Moyra will be in good spirits and also bring some I am sure. :laugh:

Saw doc today and need an x-ray for my pinney finger. Doc laughed at me when I said will it be better for the 4th and 11th pinball meet/comp. Looks like my pinney finger is cactus for a good long while depending whether its broken or tendon damage. Sorry mate definite no show for me now.

can pop in after work if thats ok ?

sorry cant stay long , its hard with treatment i only work short days now

so if ok for a hour or so i will be there

mark

No worries Mark,

Will be good to say Hi.

Saw doc today and need an x-ray for my pinney finger. Doc laughed at me when I said will it be better for the 4th and 11th pinball meet/comp. Looks like my pinney finger is cactus for a good long while depending whether its broken or tendon damage. Sorry mate definite no show for me now.

Well, you could always team up and play one flipper each with someone! Otherwise, we'll catch you another time.

^ im not coming if he is.. :D

lol seriously if I end up east of the bridge that day ill drive him .. Im not even sure where I am now yet alone that many days away

All good Doug.

After the year he's had, I'm shouting that guy a beer or 2 - if he's allowed!

Hope to see you there, er, here?

Sorry to hear mate, boy you really 'hammered' that finger.

How did you do it?? :unsure :p

Hi Mike. I should be OK although Ray's Mum is down from QLD that weekend so I "might" be on boyfriend duties? Will let ya know closer to date if that's cool?

Does that also mean no Ray? Moyra will be (what do you kids call it..) Devo!

I haven't asked the missus yet because I've been attending way too many pinball events. Disappearokg this week for pax. But please reserve a spot for me if you can :)

Hi Mike. I should be OK although Ray's Mum is down from QLD that weekend so I "might" be on boyfriend duties? Will let ya know closer to date if that's cool?

I have a solution for both of you....

It just so happens (surely by coincidence) that on the same evening, Shazz is hosting a special motivational event called 'How to be a better and more attentive male partner', as well as holding an Arglye Diamond party with discounts of up to 95% off retail!

Pass this on. i think you owe it to your partners to attend. :laugh: