Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Frozen Start-up Screen

Goona1

Question

Hi

I purchased a 2019 game arcade machine second hand about 18 months ago. It's the first time we've owned one and the whole family loves playing it. A few months ago, just after we turned the power button on, my son was hitting all the buttons randomly while he waited for the system to start up. I think this has locked the system somehow because it now just sits in the first start-up screen and goes no further, meaning we can't play games. Can anyone help me with this problem? Is there a reset button? Sorry, complete novice here when it comes to electronics!! I have attached some photos.

IMG_4799.thumb.jpg.57522e53393a1e46696f0fb6ac1cceeb.jpg

IMG_4802.thumb.jpg.f3dc5d8f75bf803a9ce2d95a23aca257.jpg

IMG_4803.thumb.jpg.b4205a8f313e4c847a2450a89aa1f14f.jpg

12 answers to this question

The startup is not detecting your drive and if you're lucky, could just be the Hard drive's IDE cable to your Hard Disk (how to find: it's a ribbon cable, with a long grey end on it with two long rows of little holes.) as AK said reseat that plug.

Also, check the power plug to the Hard drive. Small white plug. reseat that too. (make sure you unplug your machine before doing any of this!)

Good luck, let us know how you got on.

• Administrators
The startup is not detecting your drive and if you're lucky, could just be the Hard drive's IDE cable to your Hard Disk (how to find: it's a ribbon cable, with a long grey end on it with two long rows of little holes.) as AK said reseat that plug.

Also, check the power plug to the Hard drive. Small white plug. reseat that too. (make sure you unplug your machine before doing any of this!)

Good luck, let us know how you got on.

This right here. If that doesn't work sounds like the HDD is toast. Given it's a Jamma multi-board (PC) the easiest for you would be to buy a new jamma multi-board and plug it in. Only reason I suggest this is if you can't diagnose a failed HDD then you're going to find it tough to replace and image it as your experience level is low. I don't want to discourage you so give it a go if you want, just a heads up on the skill level required which is basic PC hardware/software skills.

Brad

That's basically a mini pc it should complete it's POST regardless of whether a HDD is connected/not connected/corrupt it just won't boot to anything, i'd also be extremely surprised if it has an IDE HDD fitted seagate hasn't made them in 10 years and Western Digital stopped just over 4 years ago. I'd wager it's just scanning for IDE drives as part of the POST as the bios setting hasn't been changed to SATA only.

You can unplug the HDD first to see if it makes a difference (which I doubt) but after that i'd be clearing the CMOS personally.

I'm in Kwinana if you wanna bring it over, although I goto sea tomorrow and won't be back till tuesday.

That's basically a mini pc it should complete it's POST regardless of whether a HDD is connected/not connected/corrupt it just won't boot to anything, i'd also be extremely surprised if it has an IDE HDD fitted seagate hasn't made them in 10 years and Western Digital stopped just over 4 years ago. I'd wager it's just scanning for IDE drives as part of the POST as the bios setting hasn't been changed to SATA only.

You can unplug the HDD first to see if it makes a difference (which I doubt) but after that i'd be clearing the CMOS personally.

I'm in Kwinana if you wanna bring it over, although I goto sea tomorrow and won't be back till tuesday.

Most of these boards used IDE drives and they stopped being made a long time ago. I've supplied a heap of IDE replacement drives to AA members over the years to get their cabs going again. These boards were old tech, old cpu + ram and pirated win2k OS. And they didn't seem to upgrade much about them over the years until they died a natural death.

Most of these boards used IDE drives and they stopped being made a long time ago. I've supplied a heap of IDE replacement drives to AA members over the years to get their cabs going again. These boards were old tech, old cpu + ram and pirated win2k OS. And they didn't seem to upgrade much about them over the years until they died a natural death.

Actually now you mention it and on second look, yeah it has a P4 with a FSB of 133! crikey that's ancient. I'd defo be fitting a IDE SD adaptor or something similar for ease

Hi Gibo, are you still interested in coming to look at my arcade machine problem? Tried contacting you a few months ago. Kids are keen to get playing again!!! Could you let me know either way please? Cheers, Brad