Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Federal Flip Frenzy! - PORT PIRIE - Double header! - 5th May

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've discovered there are quite a few pinball enthusiasts about our local area, but there also seems to be nothing much to bring them together to play pinball. So I thought this would be a good time and place to throw a few things out there for any locals whom may be reading and are interested in some kind of social pinball gathering, whether they are owners of machines or not.

As well as myself; digger48 and Michael Ogston are interested in organising a regular meet or club for Pinball in the mid north area. This event is a good starting point I guess!

A Big Thanks to Steve @digger48 and Mike @Michael Ogston there as well, as they have agreed to put their own machines into the tournament for us all to play!. Without them (and potentially a few others, yet to finally confirm) there would only be 6-8 that could be supplied by myself. Thanks to them there will be machines in numbers and in variety. :)

Anyone local having a Pinball machine that would be appropriate for use in a competition (clean[-ish], and 100% working :lol ) and Happy to supply it for the event recieves concession of Entry to the tournaments and Basic Fault Repair to their game (should any occur) by technical service people on the day. Anyone interested feel free to get in touch! (a.s.a.p.)

*we have the numbers of machines covered, but this is considering potential variety and quality improvements. Let us know what you have, but it can not be assured that any games will be "needed".

Also if you're a mid-north local interested in being involved in regular pinball events, either casual pinball meets, or Organised tournaments, let us know! .

The three of us have been having a "Second Monday Pinball" club, the second Monday is the day after tomorrow, this month it will be at the Pizza Shop A1 pizza starting about 6:30pm. There's no cost other than coins you want to put in the games. We'll probably be doing over the ACDC 1.70 code :P

Post a reply to this thread, send a P.M., or come down for a game on Monday evening!

Cheers!

! .

The three of us have been having a "Second Monday Pinball" club, the second Monday is the day after tomorrow, this month it will be at the Pizza Shop A1 pizza starting about 6:30pm. There's no cost other than coins you want to put in the games. We'll probably be doing over the ACDC 1.70 code :P

Post a reply to this thread, send a P.M., or come down for a game on Monday evening!

Cheers!

If u want a bit of fun and something to play for, u can do head to head challenge matches in matchplay.events (or other formats) that affect your rating on matchplay. I have been doing these the past month, they are a lot of fun.

Sounds great, i am interested if i am in adelaide and someone can give me a spot for my swag (greg)

Steve said he has somewhere for your swag m8!

Been playing about with matchplay live too.... thanks to Paul I've been getting some tutorials :D

We will give it a go... looks like a regular casual pinball get together is gathering more local interest. People with pinballs are popping up in some of the most unexpected places! :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just from what I have discovered in the past weeks we could have a 5x Heads Up Tourney in the sticks if we wanted, with local's machines Lol .... Two Whitewaters, Three Addams Family's, Two of The Getaway, Two times AC/DC Premium, and Two times Frankenstein.....

...and I'm sure it doesn't end there :lol

Matchplay live u can do any time, not just this tournament, just some mates getting together at the pub, and it counts towards your matchplay rating. It’s fun to have something on the line, altho i recommend not taking it too seriously, you still want to have a good time

• 2 weeks later...
For the locals, and any out of towners deciding to stay for the night, most of the games from the tourney will be available to play at liesure on the Sunday from 11am, but they will require coins to play. After about 2pm games will begin to be packed up...

Trophies are on their way!

The trophies for the Flip Frenzy are off the shelf trophies from the trophy shop.

For the Group Matchplay event the trophies are being hand made and pinball specific, for something a bit different. They will be tastefuly knocked up from some bits and pieces :)

It now appears, thanks to a generous local pinball enthusiast, that we'll have a Medieval Madness Remake, and an Addams Family in for the tournament.

What makes this really great is that he is a farmer whom might not even be able to make the tournament, due to seeding his crops, but is still prepared to bring in his games either way. Thanks Rocket, what a champ!

What makes this really great is that he is a farmer whom might not even be able to make the tournament, due to seeding his crops, but is still prepared to bring in his games either way.

May the rains be gentle and steady on the fruit of his farm!

Michi.

ok i have decided i will definitely make the flip frenzy only!

i have my son that weekend so staying for both will be too much for him

will pay as soon as i can

cheers looking forward to it :-D

Scottie

Great! ... I'll move you to the registerd list for the flip frenzy.

Anyone keen to get paid up early to ensure their place is secure just PM me and I will provide the details.

Paying ahead is encouraged, both to reduce chaos on the day of the event, and to ensure a place if there is a rush in the last few days. Once the cap is reached, entry on the day can not be assured.