Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

howdy from south coast NSW

Hi all,

Ive had a hankin cocktail cabinet (Jamma, vertical 48 in 1)in storage for about 6 years.

Fired it up recently and smoke came out !

Anyway, after some help I sourced a replacement curved screen 20" CRT and put it in.

Jomac advised which components I had to replace on his chassis to match the new CRT tube.

Bugger me, it now works !.

Prior to this I had zero experience with tv tubes, circuit boards etc.

Thanks to Joey and the great info on this site, I didn't get zapped, managed to solder new bits on a circuit board, and am now re living my teens in 1984 !

All of this is really timely, as I turn 50 next week. What a fantastic birthday present. Thanks to you all.

cheers,

Aza

ps. I'm trying to view the for sale sections, and cant see any posts in there.

Any ideas why I cant see anything ?

Thanks Doug for being diplomatic.

@Azamagnum .Mate you've been a member on AA since 2010 and have made this one (and only) post and while it congrats a long time sponsor and much valued member I think you'll find this forum is a case of the more you put in , the more you'll receive in help etc.

Thanks for the reminder Doug.

It seems I have 2 logins for this site.

I remember posting lots and viewing all parts of the site back in 2010. I did wonder why it asked me to introduce myself again ??

I guess this forgetfulness is just another sign of turning 50.

Thanks for the reminder Doug.

It seems I have 2 logins for this site.

I remember posting lots and viewing all parts of the site back in 2010. I did wonder why it asked me to introduce myself again ??

I guess this forgetfulness is just another sign of turning 50.

don't worry, it happens to us all. I can't remember where i put anything anymore....

Thanks for the welcome,

All I wanted was to give away a 48cm curved screen CRT.

I was unsure what size mine was so I sourced both 48 and 51cm TVs.

I ended up using the 51cm job, and now I would like to offer the 48cm to a good home.

I can deliver between kiama and Wollongong or happy to hold if someone wants to pick up in minnamurra.

Not sure what the rules are but happy for someone to copy and paste this in the freebies section ??

I spose they could pm me or I could give my phone number in some cryptic style ?

Cheers,

Aza