Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New playfields as good as originals?

pinchi

Mirco playfields are the best. I haven't had any problems with the ones I've installed in games. I guess it depends on the cost of having one fixed up versus a replacement playfield. Here in NZ there is no one who repairs them so we have no choice but to use repros.

Looking on other forums, it seams the new playfields have all sorts of issues... I'm leaning on the restore job.. just wondering how they compare in price? Their must be a few hours in restoring a playfield!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Looking on other forums, it seams the new playfields have all sorts of issues... I'm leaning on the restore job.. just wondering how they compare in price? Their must be a few hours in restoring a playfield!

You would have to ask a restorer for the answer to your price question. Every playfield needs different amounts of work done or touch ups etc.

If you can talk to a restorer you should be able to send through pics of the damage and touch ups you want done, to get a decent idea of price.

Restores all vary in cost.

Although older playfields should have enough time for the wood to harden completely, I've had a few TZ's that look like golf balls.

These ones even after restore and clear coating, seem to be on the softer side, I'd say they may have had a bach where the wood they used was not as cured / younger or whatnot that made it softer than normal.

New playfields I do find to be softer that, but it's not always the case.

I do get a lot of request to re-clear coat repro / new playfields though.

Which I would sand the existing playfield, give 3-3 coats of 2pac automotive clear. Sand back down completely flat again, and do another 3-4 coats of clear.

Sand, buff, polish and wax...

Edited by Scotty T

Thanks a lot of clear coats. Do you do that to harden the surface? I was actually going to inquire about that with my tales Arabian nights repro playfield. The clear coat is not so good in a few spots. If I'm going to go to the trouble of swapping it out I thought I should get it fixed first.. maybe a few extra coats of clear?

Thanks a lot of clear coats. Do you do that to harden the surface? I was actually going to inquire about that with my tales Arabian nights repro playfield. The clear coat is not so good in a few spots. If I'm going to go to the trouble of swapping it out I thought I should get it fixed first.. maybe a few extra coats of clear?

Sorry just edited post, noticed I had 3-34 coats, was ment to be 3-4 coats.

Adding more coats doesn't make it harder, but does give it more protection.

And a better finish.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk