Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Resizing an image for marquee

Hi guys

I have a Street Fighter 2 marquee jpeg, that I want to resize in mm. Most of the sites that I've seen only let you resize in pixels. The one that did let me resize in cm or mm, didn't work properly. It is for a lowboy marquee. The size I am after is 530mm x 185mm. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

StreetFighterII_marquee.thumb.jpg.90987acceef1e4b841d972db87f7b796.jpg

I'll have a crack at this, but a more experienced photoshop user can correct me if this is utterly wrong.

I think it depends on what PPI (Pixels Per Inch) your file is saved as :unsure.

Here are 2 examples of 530mm x 185mm, 1 @ 72ppi, the other at 300ppi, shown in pixels:

PPI.jpg

Again, if I'm totally wrong, please correct me.

I'll have a crack at this, but a more experienced photoshop user can correct me if this is utterly wrong.

Here are 2 examples of 530mm x 185mm, 1 @ 72ppi, the other at 300ppi, shown in pixels:

PPI.jpg

Thanks for your reply mate. That sort of makes sense to me, I've never used photoshop though so I'm still a bit stuck unfortunately.

PPI.jpg

Don't you generally have to vectorise the drawing to enlarge it without loosing its definition?

I think your issue is going to be - if the image you attached in the first post is the image you want to make 530mm x 185mm - is that no matter what program you use (free or paid), that image is too small to increase in size. It's going to look like a furry blob of pixels.

It's best to find a larger image (if it's not a vector image) and scale down instead of a smaller image and scale up.

Hey Rishgoon,

I've resized this in photoshop with the size 530mmx185mm (It's adjusted it to 529.87x184.86). The problem is that the graphic isn't completely covering the marquee, but if you get it printed with perspex through http://www.noodleshirt.com/ it'll still look great. Carson at Noodleshirt might have a higher res scan of the sf2 marquee anyway.

Cx3rnEf.thumb.jpg.647710d191bc48ac2c4ed115e2cff317.jpg

If you get this printed, you can give them this PSD file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbhncSvzFQvAp_zBK_MUrhrpSNY4a4xo/view?usp=sharing (remember to actually download this PSD file and not download the preview)

(Also just a disclaimer too to always triple check your dimensions so it'll fit perfectly!)

Alternatively I can try cropping it for you too but the Capcom logo will be cut off.

Hey Rishgoon,

I've resized this in photoshop with the size 530mmx185mm (It's adjusted it to 529.87x184.86). The problem is that the graphic isn't completely covering the marquee, but if you get it printed with perspex through http://www.noodleshirt.com/ it'll still look great. Carson at Noodleshirt might have a higher res scan of the sf2 marquee anyway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]124137[/ATTACH]

If you get this printed, you can give them this PSD file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbhncSvzFQvAp_zBK_MUrhrpSNY4a4xo/view?usp=sharing (remember to actually download this PSD file and not download the preview)

(Also just a disclaimer too to always triple check your dimensions so it'll fit perfectly!)

Alternatively I can try cropping it for you too but the Capcom logo will be cut off.

LEGEND! Thank you very much @Colossus, it is very much appreciated!

Hey no problem, if you're looking to get it printed properly also go to Noodleshirt, I just got my SF Alpha 2 marquee from them last week and the end result is beautiful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]124138[/ATTACH]

Will do. I eventually have a bit needed to be done, so sounds like the go. Thanks again.

@Colossus is right, the image cannot be resized to your requirements, well it can be, but not without modification. i.e., you will either have to make the height the size you want, which will make the length too long and trim it, or make the length the size you want, and center the image and have a black band at the top and the bottom of the image.

The other option is to stretch the image to you exact requirements, but this will slightly distort the image and it may look too tall.

I have a pretty large .jpg and .tiff of this image that would certainly be a big step in the right direction for printing quality you can have if you need?

Edit, this is how it would look stretched

253223492_StreetFighterII_marqueeresizedwithstretchpluscompressed.thumb.jpg.1bd2672c53989c638d4c9aea1c5cf2d4.jpg

@Colossus is right, the image cannot be resized to your requirements, well it can be, but not without modification. i.e., you will either have to make the height the size you want, which will make the length too long and trim it, or make the length the size you want, and center the image and have a black band at the top and the bottom of the image.

The other option is to stretch the image to you exact requirements, but this will slightly distort the image and it may look too tall.

I have a pretty large .jpg and .tiff of this image that would certainly be a big step in the right direction for printing quality you can have if you need?

Edit, this is how it would look stretched

[ATTACH=CONFIG]124144[/ATTACH]

Hmm, the jpeg I have is about 9mb and looks ok. If you have a more detailed .tiff I'd certainly be interested.