Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[Sydney] Knockout Tournament #1 - Wednesday, March 14th 2018

All,

As you already know Pinball HQ closed its doors and there are no official/regular IFPA tournaments in Sydney anymore. To get things moving I contacted Z Ball and they were kind enough to let me host a Knockout Tournament - Wednesday, March 14th at the Annandale hotel.

Format:

- Players will be randomly selected into groups of 4 using the Matchplay software.

- Matchplay will also determine the play order and machine choice.

- The 3rd & 4th place player in each match will earn a strike. Once a player has received 2-3 strikes, they will be eliminated from the competition.

- In the event a group of 3 has been drawn, only the 3rd place player will earn a strike.

- Play will continue until there is only one player remaining in the competition, who will be declared the winner.

Number of strikes depends on the number of attendance and when we actually start the tournament.

No preregistration needed, but to get a rough number of players you can express your interest here https://www.facebook.com/events/331264400716470/.

For more info please check the website http://golja.org/sydneypinball/

Based on the feedback this may become a regular thing. I am overseas a few months a year, meaning I won't be able to run all the tournaments and therefore help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Mark, Ronan and David for the Sydney 2018 #1 Knockout tournament win. Thanks to all 32 players who took the time to come. It was nice to see you all. Next tournament will be in April. More info to come.

Special tnx to Z Ball Pinball to make this event possible.

Congrats to Mark, Ronan and David for the Sydney 2018 #1 Knockout tournament win. Thanks to all 32 players who took the time to come. It was nice to see you all. Next tournament will be in April. More info to come.

Thank you Dejan for making it happen, as well as Roger, MDW and scorekeepers, was a hot sweaty night in the cauldron of sudden death -congrats to the podium finishers who prevailed, thought Ronan did a great job taming the beast that is Guardians when it counted. Great fun to hang out with everyone with a good few jugs of amber fluid provided to lubricate proceedings.Top night, cheers.

Couldnt have said it any better Ron. Well run comp, loads of fun and we all managed fine despite the numbers considering how limited the space was in the pin room...it just added that extra factor to it all. Bring on the April comp!

Thanks for organizing @golja . Well organized and went super smooth. Had a fun night. Some games tested adaptability skills.....ahem....Medieval...and was a new experience playing the final on MM, with an audience of drivers sitting at the traffic lights.

Good fun. Look forward to the next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Dejan, you took photos that night - have they been posted online somewhere?

He put them on FB somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, have searched FB but , at high risk of further exposing myself as a total techclunk....can't find anything. Will PM Dejan, cheers

Hey some pictures from the last tournament are available here https://www.facebook.com/SydneyPinballTournaments/.

Pinbrawl at the Bald Faced Stag is organised by Alex and ZBall Amusements. Link to the event https://www.facebook.com/events/1874120192879237/

From what I understand for his next event he will try to make it IFPA approved.